Bed size question

CORRECTION - A one bedroom in our building is going for $3000, not $3700. There is a 2 bedroom for $6000. And yes, that sounds as ridiculous to me as it does to you, and I live here.

http://brodsky.com/rentals/lincoln-square/160-west-71st-street

Makes me think of that song Shattered by the Stones. :smile:
You live a charmed life indeed my dear. :smile:

Is there lots of housing getting lost to Air?

Your husband does deserve a medal (and reasonable rent) for hanging in there during the 70’s in that neighborhood.

@Malagachica Thank you so much! If you’re going to buy books at a thrift store, why not make they coordinate with the dĂ©cor? :slight_smile:

@sandy2 Absolutely! But you should actually read Room and the Sue Miller book if you haven’t already 
 2 of my favourite authors.

I read Room two weeks ago – grabbed it while I was cleaning.

We invested in a new, queen size bed. Spent around $1000 on it. Immediately had complaints that it was “squishy.”

I wanted to track down those guests and smack them in the head, I really did.

Now I am abundantly clear in the listing and if we do tour them through the suite I made sure to mention, the bed is new, it was bought for this unit. We bought it instead of a Christmas present for ourselves so if you don’t like the firmness you have one of two options. 1.) tell us and move into the other room which has a firm, OLD bed, and 2, suck it up.

You do not have the option of making this a review point. You were told about the bed in great detail, in writing and in person.

There is no option 3.

Don’t buy them a new bed, they will not be grateful for it.

Is it one of those foam topped things? Personally I dislike the foam stuff because it does feel very squishy. I bought that cheap, inner spring deal and everyone loves it. It’s good that you have options for the guests who can be a pain in the you know what. I’m sure the new bed is lovely, even if it’s squishy or not exactly like the bed one sleeps in at home. Tell the guest: “Get over it!” :)))

No it is not.

It cannot be taken apart.

It is perfectly comfortable. Recently, we had guests tell us it is more comfortable than their own bed. I am sure it is more comfortable than our bed.

Some guests are just impossible princesses - one also left her bicycle on an antique white bedspread on the other bed in the apartment. Then left a bad review. We will never have her back.

1 Like

a bad review = 4 stars.

omg she needs to be marched out to the firing squad!

Are you serious? That’s a bad review? No way. It’s just fine if people want to give me 4s. Although didn’t someone here complain they got shut down for having 4s? Find that hard to believe to demand absolute perfection because everyone has a different version of what perfect is to them.

1. Bicycles, in my house anyway, do not need beds.
    2, She ruined a bedspread with black tire marks.
    You clearly do not like me so how about we stay off each other’s comments, deal?

Something got crossed up here. I’m totally sympathizing with you. You probably misunderstood my joke about the firing squad. I was serious! :))) What was that dummy thinking? Maybe you’re also thinking about my comment about 4s? I just think we shouldn’t obsess too much about being absolutely perfect :slight_smile:

They didn’t get shut down, they were temporarily suspended and they were flagged. I’m pretty sure that they got two “overall 3 stars” in a row and that’s what did it.

1 Like