Bed sheets: what brand do you use?

Another percale I saw recommended online for those who want to upscale.

@KKC Yes,they are these: https://www.amazon.com/Peru-Pima-Thread-Peruvian-Percale/dp/B01BSWKEXQ?th=1&psc=1

What is a typical sale price on these?

I’ve mostly seen them on sale for $79.99 for a Queen set, but I’ve gotten them as low as $72.

1 Like

415 TC or 600TC?
thx

RR

The 415 TC. Haven’t tried the 600 TC.

You’d better hope that you never get a guests that uses acne treatments that bleach your colored sheets!

I got mine for my 3 queen beds from Amazon. They seem to wash well, and the few that have had minor stains have been easy to work on. When I replace them I’ll probably use the Amazon Basics white cotton sheets, but I was short on cash and needed to open in a few weeks, and wanted to have 3 sheet sets for every bed.

As for “pilling” it will happen with any woven fabric unless it’s brushed at the factory. I never worry about it because it will disappear after a few washings, in the form of the lint that you will have to clean out of your dryer’s lint trap.

AmazonBasics Microfiber Sheet Set - Queen, Bright White

1 Like

@NordlingHouse --Our guests are usually too mature to be using acne treatments or hair dyes or wild sex creams, the average age is well over 40. Although we get the occasional 20-somethings our price point and location are not suited to the usual “younger crowd”.

1 Like

Is there any pattern to when they go on sale? I do like them.

@adrienne12 Adriana, I prefer sheets that are not 100% cotton because of wrinkling. I have been buying white sheets with small images such as tiny dogs or tiny boats from Ralph Lauren, Calvin Klein and Nautica and I never pay more than $45 for queen size at TJMaxx, etc.

1 Like

And you get then for $17.50/set if you buy 4! Nice! I may try that.

Not that I’ve noticed. :frowning: I just check periodically.

1 Like

I buy all sheets and duvets, covers from Ikea, all cotton.

1 Like

I get white sheets from Fred Meyer, 100% cotton sheets and they are around $40 on sale. I still use some sheets from 2-1/2 years ago and they look and feel great. But the pillowcases do get wrinkles so I iron the pillowcases. It’s not that hard to do and it makes the bed look good. Use color safe bleach on sheets.

On my white towels, if I notice they are not that brilliant white, I have (occasionally) put them through a long “whitest white” cycle with a little bleach, but almost always, I put them through a simple 15 minute cycle using hot water and they look great.

My duvets and comforters are from Ikea. The duvets are easy to take off and wash, and the medium-weight comforters wash up fine in my washing machine. They only need to be washed once and a while.

Oh dear, I wish you’d just left this off. LOL. We have had lots of debates about the frequency of washing the various layers.

1 Like

Not to mention the subtle differences between a duvet/doona and its cover. I think @jcc1 was calling the duvet ‘comforter’, and most of us agree that they don’t need to be washed that frequently. The duvet cover, on the other hand, should be washed after every guest. Regardless of how many sheets one uses below and above it!

1 Like

Initially I bought the cheapest available and it has done well, but they are pilling and are obviously not luxe.

I am going to test drive an 800 tc Egyptian cotton, which goes from the ridiculous to the sublime.

I prefer linen bed sheets - they are much stronger than cotton ones and absorbe moisture very well.
I strongly recommend searching for bed sheets on Etsy - there are a lot of unkown, but high-quality brands, that selling their products at much lower prices than Amazon. About a year ago I’ve bought a couple of linen bed sheets from brand called Magiclinen and I am pleased with my purchase. Strongly recommend trying it.

Amazon Basics Percol for me too. They are dry quickly and I think are decent quality and to my eye they look classy when fitted. The percol has the advantage that it doenst need ironing to look good. I also choose the fitted white with grey stripes as when it comes to making the bed I know which way is the right way. This means I don’t make that irritating mistake when you fit the long ways length ways and have to pull the bit of the sheet you have fitted back off again.

I am based in the UK, so the duvet covers are from Marks and Spencer which is a mid range quality. I choose the waffle white again to give it the classy look. The waffle drys quicker which is a godsend in the winter months and also it doesn’t need ironing…

I have scatter cushions that are funky colours that make the look “pop”.

I still have some cotton duvet cover jobs from ASDA and Sainsburys. They both need ironing to look good which is a pain for me.

2 Likes