Bed Configuration

OMG - I never even knew that there was a uni-pillow.

Yeah, and it’s a pain. We were away for the night last week and the bed had one of those, and no additional pillows. But hey, it was a small hotel in the countryside and most of their guests would have been Spanish, so catering to their market I suppose.

Bring my own next time we go back, which we will as it was a cracking night!

JF

I have three rooms. Two have queen beds. The third has a split king that can be made up as a king or split into two twin beds. It’s a bit of a pain so you might only do it for a minimum stay or have an extra charge. Otherwise I might opt for the 2 queen and 4 singles.

2 Likes

We have two bedrooms with a queen in one but a king in the other that can be unzipped and separated into two singles. We charge an additional fee for this configuration and stipulate it must be requested at the time of booking. We then request the payment from guest via the resolution centre two days before check-in, and if declined, then we don’t make up the room that way.

So glad to read your comment Christine as we puzzled over this for ages too. It is definitely a pain to reconfigure so we tried the minimum stay but found it a big deterrent and we lost bookings as a result. When we stated just an additional charge, most pay it or say don’t worry we’ll just use the king and they proceed with their booking because they’ve kind of already mentally committed. Can I ask how much you charge extra? Ours is $20 but I don’t think it’s enough for the extra work and I’d like to increase it. Taa

I charge $15 and agree that it doesn’t cover the effort, but we like the fact that most people say “leave it as a king”