Bad experience with recent guest who used a family members profile

We had a bad experience with a recent guest, the listing was left extremely dirty for a 5 night stay, and many house rules violations.
We plan on leaving a negative review, but it appears he used his brother’s profile to make the reservation, even though he has his own.
The only way we found out is because there is a review for him on his brother’s profile. They did a group travel together.
I did contact Airbnb and they are investigating. Not sure what good that will do.
Right now I can only leave a negative review on this brother’s profile.
Should I post the negative review on his brother’s profile and explain the situation?

A tip that is not responsive to your question: if the brother leaves a negative review, the odds should be in your favor to get it removed as it does not represent his own experience, a review policy requirement.

1 Like

Ok, thanks for the tip.

Obviously a third party booking- you can push for removal.

1 Like

I think the truth will work.

X’s brother booked my home using Xs account. X allowed a 3rd party booking of my property which is against Airbnb terms of service.

(This part might be a problem…) The brother left my home dirty & damaged and X did not accept responsibility for the booking in his name.

1 Like

Absolutely you should leave an honest review on the brothers profile to warn future hosts and make sure you mark him down for cleanliness so he can’t IB in future .

1 Like

X’s brother booked my listing using X’s account. Third party bookings are not permitted. The brother left my home dirty and damaged. X did not accept responsibility for damage or third party booking. Would not host again.

1 Like

As always, hosts should leave honest and straightforward reviews. It’s important too to say that this was a five day stay. It’s pretty difficult to make a place ‘extremely dirty’ in just five days so please make sure that’s clear in the review.

4 Likes