I got a bit burnt out last year, came on here a lot for support (which was always awesome - it always helps to have a moan). Thought a lot about it and decided not to do it again. Then…I just changed my mind. This time though I’ve decided to play by my own rules.
- I’m putting the onus on the guests to clean the room and bathroom when they leave. Change overs are now easier. “Here’s the hoover, here are is the cleaning stuff”.
- No more shitty one night stays in my house. 2 nights or I decline unless I think they look really cool/fun and they write a lovely email (its feeling very empowering to decline people).
- Don’t care if they give me 3 or 4 stars. I just don’t care, whatever. My listing isn’t shown as much? Don’t care.
- Block out day before and day after bookings for some “me and my family time”
- Don’t do breakfast- but I never did!
So far its going well, but its early in the season. I know I won’t make as much money as last year.