Avoiding first time airbnb travelers

Turn that thang off now! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You know what after thinking about it I realize that of all the first timers that I have had that there’s only been two of them that had expectations that were not appropriate. One of them was the lady who had some idea that the size of the bed was different than it was. Then there was this one that for some reason thought that it was just awful that we left the front door open even though the screen door was closed, the weather is gorgeous, and the neighborhood quiet. She also didn’t like my purse being on the counter in the kitchen. Is my pelyrse covered in feces? No.

She said she did not feel like she was in a hotel. These are the stupid things that were bothering me, but now I realize that I’ve had a lot of freshmen that have been awesome. So I take back my original issue. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@happylittlehost Same as @KenH I’ve had only great experience with first-time Airbnb guests. No special requests, all very polite, left great reviews. And, as @jaquo mentioned, you can set things up so you’re only accepting guests with 4,5 rating or higher.

That said, I see a lot of newbies coming to Air. It must be because of all the media attention and the marketing that Air is doing. It’s really going mainstream. I would lose at least 40% of my guests (all of them great) if I prevented first-time users from booking.

2 Likes