Welcome to AirHostsForum.com!

We are a community of AirBnb hosts. This forum is dedicated to connecting hosts with other hosts. Sign up to get the latest updates and news just for AirBnb hosts!

Avoid CC Fee by Using Echeck As Option?

For those of you who list on VRBO/Homeaway, do do any of you use echeck as your preferred method of payment to avoid paying the cc fee? I am considering changing to that so I don’t have to pay the cc fee. When you have that as your preferred method of payment, does the guest also have the option to pay via credit card?

I know a lot of people tend to charge everything so I don’t want to narrow down the audience for booking my home but I am tired of paying the CC fee for every booking.

Pros and cons of changing to echeck?

Thanks!

Your guests still have the option to pay by CC. They all likely will choose CC.

The con with E-check is if the guest makes a typo when entering in checking and routing number, then YapStone will charge you a $25 fee. They don’t have a double verification tool to make guest enter twice. They just accept it and then charge the owner if it was wrong.

Thanks! Having to eat the cost of a guests error is a deterrent. I will keep the preferred method to cc.

Altcoin Fantasy - Crypto Fantasy Trading and Simulation Game - Win Bitcoin and Altcoins!