I have automatic pricing turned on and it has been working fairly well. Today I noticed that the price had been set to the maximum for the next 3 months which is almost triple what it had been. Thankfully I am using Smartbnb and I noticed it because of a sudden and substantial drop in rankings. I wonder if this was a system wide problem.
I have just experienced the same problem. There are a couple of other threads about this already.
IMHO it’s better, in the long run, to manually set prices, rather than depending on obviously buggy software to do something for you – and then having to fix the software mistakes by hand anyway. I manually set prices for more than a year in something like half an hour…