Audi and Airbnb, an experience destination

Did anyone else see this listing? Thoughts, comments?
I’m not into cars, nor am I into deserts :slight_smile:
But, going to save to my wish list just so I can see the reviews!

1 Like

I love fast cars and deserts and that house is just wonderful!

What a fantastic idea - and a very interesting marketing move.

2 Likes

Did you notice that the calendar is fully closed? They are going to carefully choose the people who get to take part. I expect that there will be one knock-out gorgeous, young couple. A very well maintained older woman with silver hair. A family with a younger child, picture will include that child in a mini-version of the Audi. And then a mix of other racial profiles to round out what is in essence a photo opportunity for Audi and AirBNB.

I fit none of these categories, nor do I have that kind of money, but boy would driving fast in the dessert be fun!

5 Likes

I’m pretty sure that house was featured on one of the HGTV shows, like Extreme Homes or something similar. I tried watching a couple of those shows because they do show really cool houses, but it’s extremely frustrating to watch because the pan and scan style video never lets you actually get a good look at anything. After watching for a half hour I have a headache too.

Yeah, I’m also pretty sure everyone who books will be photogenic.

Edited to add: what kind of money do you want to bet that all the reviews will focus heavily on the car? Takers?

2 Likes

The desert thing kind of creeps me out. I think I’d rather experience Slab City if going to the desert. At least I’d get local color.

1 Like

I thought it was reasonably priced if that price includes accommodations and unlimited time driving the car. There are 3 bedrooms so 2 people could split this and it would be 300-400/night. My brother spends almost a thousand racing his own car on a track for a weekend so this just seems so well priced. I don’t know if they would want my brother driving their car… lol. They probably impose limits on speed, etc?

1 Like