Are people happy with their Ring doorbells?

Woot has the Ring 2 refurb today for about $150, and I’m thinking about getting one to replace our current Kuna security light, which I hate.

Does anyone have the Ring 2, specifically? What do you love or hate about it?

https://tools.woot.com/offers/ring-video-doorbell-2-3

I don’t have that one but I will tell you that you will want hard wired, not battery power regardless of what you get. So hopefully you have room to install it where your existing doorbell is.

Totally agree. This version of the Ring has the option to do battery or hardwire.

I have the Ring video doorbell, the original not the 2. I am extremely happy with it. But somehow got stuck in night vision (black and white) And after a short time on the phone trying to fix it, customer service decided to just send me a new one, with a prepaid label to send back the old one. I got the new one in less than five days and it’s working great. I did some checks on reviews and comparisons to the one and two and found that at this time they were pretty equal. The only difference is the original is 720 P and the new is 1080 P. The general consensus of the reviewer‘s was it really didn’t make that much difference in the recording quality. Between the reliability of the product and the excellent customer service I highly recommend Ring, no matter which version you decide to get.

1 Like

Thanks, AvaH! That’s great to hear. I went ahead and ordered it because it’s a decent price, so hopefully it works out.

1 Like

I have a Ring doorbell as well, the original one, not a Ring 2. I really like it. It’s on my front door, and I’m thinking of getting a second one for my back door simply for security reasons, as the guests only use the front door.

One of the things I heard a lot was that the battery does not last well in cold weather, but it’s not really been an issue for me since I hardwired mine. Hardwiring it is definitely the best option, especially if you live in a place with colder winters like I do in Canada.

I would recommend signing up for their monthly subscription service if you want to store the videos, it’s only a few dollars a month. Without it, the videos are only stored for a short time, then deleted.

One other thing I would suggest is that rather than getting a refurbished Ring 2, you could probably get a brand new original Ring for the same price or cheaper than you mentioned. I don’t think there’s a huge difference between the two.

2 Likes

The difference is just the 720p vs 1080p and a removable battery pack (although I would be hardwiring anyway.)

1 Like

I love mine. We host on our property with a private entrance from our backyard. I really like the motion sensor and how it records guests coming and going thru the front gate.

2 Likes

I have all my properties installed Zmodo door bell cameras. It works just like the Ring but much less expensive. They don’t have battery pack only hard wiring.

1 Like