AO16 - Delayed Early Registration, etc

AO16 - Delayed Early Registration because Airbnb wants the registration site to be “as complete as possible when it goes live.” Additional speakers/talent will continue to be announced after registration, but they really "want hosts to know what they’re receiving if they choose to join and register. Additionally, they chose the word “festival” because as attendees of AO14 and AO15 can attest, this meeting “connects with our hearts and souls…as well as being educational and fun…for hosts from more than 100 countries.” I, myself, recall “feeling” the energy and connection in that big hall on the wharf in SF for AO14. I recommend that all of you find the New York Times article by Freda Moon dated June 10, 2016 “36 Hours in Los Angeles” for an idea of what opportunities abound for attendees. As a native Californian, even I am excited to explore the “new” LA. As for the food and beverage being offered, as many prior attendees can agree upon, we would like choices. Airbnb has heard our comments and has come up with a way to satisfy the wide variety of tastes with options - ergo, the food vendors. There will continue to be food and beverage provided at a number of the events, i.e., Thursday Open House dinners in hosts’ homes, banquets etc. on Friday night throughout LA - just like always. Suffice it to say, Airbnb has our best interests at heart and are creating an event this year that we all will remember for a lifetime. Remember, early registration is now July 12, Tuesday morning. My personal advice is “don’t hold back” as some events will be size-restricted out of necessity. Dealing with the task of satisfying 6,000 participants from 100+ countries is not easy. The individuals at Airbnb handling this are passionate about creating an unforgettable and transformational event. Good luck. I look forward to meeting all of you face-to-face at AO16 in Los Angeles. Mary Cornell, TranquilityCasitas.com
There is currently information on the Airbnb HELP site under "What is Airbnb Open?

To Oesmec: Paragraphs are your friends.

I decided not to struggle through your text.

Sorry Sandy, I thought if I hit the return button it would automatically post. I will try to go in and edit it.

AO16 - Delayed Early Registration because Airbnb wants the registration site to be “as complete as possible when it goes live.” Additional speakers/talent will continue to be announced after registration, but they really "want hosts to know what they’re receiving if they choose to join and register.

Additionally, they chose the word “festival” because as attendees of AO14 and AO15 can attest, this meeting “connects with our hearts and souls…as well as being educational and fun…for hosts from more than 100 countries.” I, myself, recall “feeling” the energy and connection in that big hall on the wharf in SF for AO14.

I recommend that all of you find the New York Times article by Freda Moon dated June 10, 2016 “36 Hours in Los Angeles” for an idea of what opportunities abound for attendees. As a native Californian, even I am excited to explore the “new” LA.

As for the food and beverage being offered, as many prior attendees can agree upon, we would like choices. Airbnb has heard our comments and has come up with a way to satisfy the wide variety of tastes with options - ergo, the food vendors. There will continue to be food and beverage provided at a number of the events, i.e., Thursday Open House dinners in hosts’ homes, banquets etc. on Friday night throughout LA - just like always.

Suffice it to say, Airbnb has our best interests at heart and are creating an event this year that we all will remember for a lifetime. Remember, early registration is now July 12, Tuesday morning. My personal advice is “don’t hold back” as some events will be size-restricted out of necessity.

Dealing with the task of satisfying 6,000 participants from 100+ countries is not easy. The individuals at Airbnb handling this are passionate about creating an unforgettable and transformational event. Good luck. I look forward to meeting all of you face-to-face at AO16 in Los Angeles. Mary Cornell, TranquilityCasitas.com

1 Like

This is what is available currently on the Airbnb HELP site:
What is Airbnb Open?

Airbnb Open is an annual festival that celebrates hosting and hospitality. This November, Airbnb Open will take place in downtown Los Angeles from November 17 to November 19.

Airbnb Open 2016 will showcase 3 days of exciting talks, performances, activities, city explorations, and panels. The event will also preview Airbnb’s future and give you a first look at new ways to host. The 2016 festival will accommodate up to 6,000 people. Participants must purchase a pass, and are responsible for their own transportation and lodging costs.

All programming at Airbnb Open will be presented in English.

Exploring LA

All Airbnb Open venues are located in downtown Los Angeles. Some activities will happen in other neighborhoods to give participants an opportunity to explore the city.

What to bring

Average temperatures for this time of year range between 10°C (50°F) and 17°C (62°F). It gets cooler at night, so we recommend you layer and bring warmer clothing to stay comfortable in the evenings. If you plan to attend the 3 full days, bring the clothes you usually would to explore a city and your favorite formal outfit for the Bélo Awards—if you choose this add-on.

Food options

Airbnb Open will have a variety of food vendors with meals available for purchase. There will be vegetarian, vegan, Halal, kosher, and gluten free.

Wi-fi availability

Wi-fi will be provided in select venues. Full details will be provided closer to November.

Non-smoking event

Airbnb Open is a non-smoking event. This includes any form of tobacco, cigarettes, e-cigarettes, or vaporizers.