Anyone using yourporter? Any feedback, especially on "Air Ranking Booster"?

https://yourporter.com/how-to/more-features/airbnb-ranking-booster

Haved you actually looked at what Airbnb actually says makes an impact on your placement in their listings. (see information on Airbnb Help).

Nowhere does it say a daily boost will make a jot of difference. Yes adding/changing photo/content on a regular basis does have some impact but the main impact is from;

1. Demand for your type of listing in your area (what is the guest searching for)
  2. Supply of listings of this type (availability)
  3. Whether you use IB
  4. Number of reviews and five star ratings
  5. Pricing, location, availability

I can’t believe they are asking for people to buy into this type of service based on ‘what an Airbnb customer rep’ said. Or that hosts would be willing to fall for it.

Hi @helsi, Air does not provide transparency into their visibility algorithm.

Any “impact or help” to visibility is better than nothing. For $9 a month, one gets a channel manager, ability to take direct security deposits and other features.

It would be nice to have feedback from someone who has actually used it …

How are you able to ask for direct deposits by using their channel manager? @

For all but the large scale management companies that is still against their T&Cs

Apparently, the policy changed. “Software connected hosts” are able to ask for direct deposits.

I’m not sure how one would do that with Yourporter or any other system as we are looking at them but have not picked or used one yet.

This is a good site to see about this app. Let’s you compare some PMS tools also.
https://www.capterra.com/p/169863/Your-Porter-App/

Airbnb Ranking Booster is one of the most popular features among our feature set. Some of our users reported a huge impact after starting to use the daily boost.

It has been doing some regular updates so your listing gains serious visibility. For example, what is your listing’s last update date on the Airbnb listing page?

How long does it take to see an improvement?

JF

Can you quote stats on what sort of ‘huge impacts’ hosts have seen directly linked to this?

For example one of our users with 20+ listings compared the reservations received before and after Airbnb Ranking Booster activated. It was pre-covid and properties were around London. The total number of reservations received during a certain period was 25%-30% more between October and November (last year).

We did not initiated this comparison, it was purely their intention to prepare some graphs. Besides that, 1000s of Airbnb hosts are benefiting from this feature every day at Your Porter App.

For sure the impact will be different for different locations and listings. As far as I can see, it was a time period of 2 weeks when they started to see a difference already. @JohnF

If you don’t use IB, “updating” your listing by changing minor things like this app does, doesn’t change your search ranking, at least not to any noticeable degree, in my experience.

The only things that significantly affect search ranking are IB and getting lots of bookings.

Interesting they were getting nearly a third more bookings this year then in October and November this year…particularly when London has been in lockdown for much of this period…wonder how they managed that :slight_smile: ?? @erincerinc

Bottom line is anyone who has even the most basic idea about how Airbnb’s algo-rhythms work knows that slight changes to your listing has little to no impact.

As @muddy says and it says on Airbnb’s website, regularly changing the listing has little to no impact.

These are the critieria Airbnb say they take into account

The exact list of features we consider is confidential, but here are the basic categories:

Guest needs: We review factors related to the guest, including where they’re searching from, their previous trips, which listings they’ve added to their Wish List or clicked on, and more.

Listing details: We consider things like the number of five-star reviews, price, location of the listing, if Instant Book is turned on, how quickly the host of the listing responds to requests, and many other factors.

Trip details: We note how many guests will be travelling, how long the trip will be, how far in the future the trip is, if they have set a minimum or a maximum price, and a variety of other factors.

Sorry but I think hosts would have to be fools to sign up for this service.

1 Like

And having lots of five star reviews :slight_smile:

That’s interesting.

I did a small experiment some time ago (last Spring) to see if there was a difference when a property was updated frequently, using two almost identical listings.

At the time, I’d never heard of your app, but had seen on various forums and advice pages a list of various tweaks that allegedly boost your search positioning within Airbnb. Most I just discounted as either a waste of time or simply not practical for us.

I updated one every day for around a month, just a spacebar/del in the title which is sufficient to trigger the update flag, and the other I only updated when it was required.

To be frank, I didn’t find any great benefit and curiously the one without the daily update performed better in the way of views and bookings.

Another one I tried was having lots of images on one and not the other. No difference and I reckoned it took more away from the listing than it brought, too many pics of same shit and then I had to pad with pics of local area.

So, unless you can back up, with hard evidence, that your “Airbnb Ranking Booster” actually works, then it’s a definite bullshit from me.

Getting the basics right, e.g. IB turned on, quick response times and not cancelling bookings, together with a good quality listing and good reviews would appear to do a lot more than some third party app.

JF

3 Likes

Nope- I have 100% 5* reviews and it’s never made a damn bit of difference. There are listings in many areas of the world where the very first page brings up listings with 3*s or less.

Okay - but that’s what Airbnb say on their website when they say which factors they take into consideration @muddy (see above).

Yes, I know they do. They also say Superhost gives higher placement, but it doesn’t. There are listings with high rankings which not only have low ratings, they aren’t Superhosts either. Using IB is the primary factor in rankings. The listings Airbnb promotes by high search rankings are those which earn them the most service fees the fastest. That’s all they are interested in.

I’ll bet you all those listings that supposedly got 25% more bookings use IB, right? If a host doesn’t use IB, they have a low search ranking, no matter what else they do to try to improve the ranking.

Thinking that only editing the listing’s description and updating the rates daily would bring you on top of the search results would be a big mistake.

You need to accept a lot of reservations, collecting 5 star reviews, answering questions right away and activate the Instant Booking.

First, you should be a great host, and this kind of tricks would help you create a nuance. Keeping your listing and calendar up to date could never hurt you anyways.

Airbnb Ranking Booster is a very small portion of our offerings, and we built it last year as we noticed that lots of our users were doing those updates manually every other day.

When you have automated messages, channel manager and direct booking website for your business, clicking on a toggle and activating the Airbnb Ranking Booster is just a perk which comes with our solution.

You’re not listening. I have a 100% response rate, 100% acceptance rate, 100% 5* reviews, Superhost status for the past 3 years and my listing info and calendar have always been up-to-date.
The only thing that really makes a difference in search ranking is using IB.