Anyone hosting risk professionals?

I’m not interested in ranting or shaming anyone today but smoking is a no-brainer terrible thing to do if one cares about health. And as a child who grew up in a smoking home in the 60’s, it was torture. So kids, if you are reading this…don’t smoke.

1 Like

I’m not advocating smoking in any way, or trying to downplay the ramifications. I wish I’d never ever started and have quit and started again several times. No one feels more ashamed of themselves and stupid than smokers who’ve quit and then started again.
Luckily none of my kids are smokers, nor are their spouses.

1 Like

Since Mother’s Day was yesterday:

As a kid I always remember my mother with cigarette in hand. She was heavy smoker from from age 13 to around 56 when she finally successfully quit. She lived a good healthy life for 40 more years after that.

None of my siblings, my father, nor I ever smoked despite there always being an ashtray nearby.

1 Like

And get off the friggin couch since you’re statistically more likely to become obese (and get cancer/diabetes/stroke/heart disease from that) than to become a smoker :wink:

1 Like

No-one is asking for you to host key workers for free. Where did you read this? You can charge what you like. @Jefferson

Many hosts of course appreciate that health workers are literally saving our lives every day and putting their lives at risk for us. And therefore want to give something back to this often badly paid but amazingly inspirational frontline workers by not charging or charging at cost.

Entirely up to you though if you want to charge them full wack.

@helski,

This was quite a while ago. I’ll not go back to re-read the Air msg but it left a poor impression. We are thoroughly unimpressed with how they handled the entire situation.

We are indeed lucky that our STR converted to LTR on March 1st.