Anyone get a card from a past guest?

I got an email today appealing to me as a guest.

I got a card which completely surprised me. I donā€™t see the option to send a card anywhere in the app!
Anyway it was nice and chatty, I was happy to get it. I hope my guest wasnā€™t coerced into sending it from AirBnB though!

2 Likes

No one is coerced. Iā€™m a host and a guest and I got an email invite to specifically send a ā€œcardā€ to the most recent host I stayed with. No pressure at all.

1 Like

Iā€™ve had 2. Made my day and the guests were genuine.
It doesnā€™t take much to be kind.
Thereā€™s enough negativity and put downs in the world.
Embrace them for what they are. A token gesture in pretty crappy times.
Iā€™m grateful.

5 Likes

I was invited to send, but did not, because I have other ways of conversing with our lovely Host from Cozumel. I have not received any ā€œcardsā€, but I think one would brighten my day!

1 Like

Love this ! I had some young guys from Holland leave me cakes from their homeland and a lovely lady who made a photo collage of my hearts that hang around the house as decorations !

I have received both the invitation to write a card to a host and I have received a card. I did not find any coercion or reward in the invitation to write a card, and I was delighted to hear from the guest who sent me the card. I simply see this as a way fo lift our spirits! Iā€™m in New York City - a hot spot back in March and April. Maybe some of you are not in a hot spot and have not been affected much by the pandemic. Those days back in March and April were so dark and sad - I would have appreciated the card back then, and I think Airbnb learned that a little encouragement can go a long way when you reach a low point. There is more to life (and hosting) than just making money. I applaud Airbnb for thinking on a personal level

3 Likes