Anyone else get a shoebox size package from Airbnb this week?

I got a white framed ink sketch of one of my rooms done from the photo in my listing. I thought it was a very nice gesture by Airbnb. That was 2-3 years ago.

2 Likes

They must be feeling some pressure (competition, host departures, etc) because, while I didn’t get a package (I don’t have the 500+ stays that @KKC has), I did receive an email last week thanking me for being part of AirBnb Plus

1 Like

Expect no gratitude and you will never be disappointed. :smiley:

2 Likes

For sure! Good life lesson. Airbnb has been a life-changer for me. It meant I could keep my home in dire circumstances and has generated enough income to see me through some hard times. I’m grateful enough for that. Don’t need no keyring!

Rum would still be nice, though :smile:

3 Likes

What was the gift? Is it your birthday?

No, not my birthday. It was an award for being a superhost 20 straight quarters and purportedly since the program began;. So there should be other hosts here (at least in the US) who got it as well.

4 Likes

Congrats, that’s an impressive record.

Thank you. It didn’t seem that difficult to me. Maybe I’m not giving the award the respect it deserves.

1 Like

Attaining superhost is a relatively low bar but keeping it for that long consecutively, with as weird and troublesome as humans can be, is impressive. You clearly have the customer service end down.

4 Likes

Again, thank you. I’ve been very lucky.

Congrats! Sincerely.

By way of compare and contrast, I had Superhost for 20 straight quarters without any issue as well, and enjoyed the $100 travel coupons tremendously.

My mailer was not however shoebox sized, it was massive manila envelope with an inch of paper from the local law firm representing Airbnb.

download

^^ j/k

On the bright side, I got reusable paper to print on the other side for years! As well as a big laugh out of how the lawyer went to town on stuff that was irrelevant and not in contention, and misdirected on the heart of the matter, and flooded the world with paper. [Might be an interesting read for those interested, see 123-page PDF, Airbnb’s opposition, May 2019, at this link, it’s the 3rd document down.]

… apologies threadjack

3 Likes

Wish we would get the coupons rather than the gift in the shoebox. What do we do with that? The coffee table book was interesting but again where do you put things like that when you have several listings? The small stool…well that was a clever packaging design but oh so tippy. Liked the box of fresh fruit and travel coupons. Hosting since 2011!

1 Like

You get a coupon too, right?

Ah, the good old days. I never got that but when I started with DogVacay I got a bunch of great gifts from them. I guess that’s why they went out of business after just a few years.

Another member here gave me an idea that I’m going to follow through on. Already two guest have made remarks that I think are related to them seeing the award so despite my snarky reaction I’m going to keep displaying it. Once I get the new display I’ll post a pic of it.

3 Likes

Totally agree…my petcare business plummeted when DogVacay merges with Rover due to DogVacay having only quality providers (and only a very few were so my competition was minor and people would drive over an hour one way to use me, even as my prices increased). Rover has every John and Jane Doe no matter the age or ability and they work for peanuts…I kept quite a few of my most loyal customers but most are military and after the 3 years cycle when Rover was the only option they didn’t even get to me…even though I have well over a hundred more 5 star reviews than most of the rest…ah well, makes for a more peaceful coexistence of in-home Boarding of dogs through Rover and people and their pets of all types through Airbnb…

Are you gonna give us any idea which one?

I assume the remarks were good but would you mind sharing what they were, please? If not, ok. I’m just curious. :face_with_monocle::thinking:

I’ll post a picture of the award after I’ve reworked it. The idea was emailed to me, not posted here. One guest remark was made verbally and SH mentioned in the review. Few reviews mention SH. The other guest remarked about the award display as we were chatting but didn’t say anything in the review.

csh

1 Like

Here it is.
As I said it was shoe box size with fancy velvet lined foam packing like is was a museum treasure despite being completely unbreakable. It’s a large heavy gold plated metal fob that is shaped like the old hotel key fobs of my youth. So I was dismissive of the “hotel” theme. I’m also not a fan of shiny gold. It came with a 9 inch tall metal stand as well as a personalized card explaining what it was and how much Airbnb values me. The room is small and I’m not that excited about something that takes shelf space and is something to clean. The guest can remove the fob and put their finger prints on it. At the very least is will show dust easily. It was suggested that I put it in a display frame and that’s what I’m going to do. I have plenty of wall space.

It’s possible that my initial dismissive reaction was wrong.

85e8d1dbae0c7d79b91cd841f6cc1c8adf298b13_2_375x500

965e728c30f6278067f69d37b2323d4f9a74cc12_2_666x500

9 !

3 Likes

I think I would kinda? not sure? not dislike it it were about 1/3 that size.

If I were designing an Airbnb “award” or gift I would design something that I thought was useful in an airbnb. Airbnb logo night light, coffee cup, washable makeup removal towels, umbrella; these are all things I’ have in my Airbnb that wouldn’t be unwelcome with an Airbnb logo on them.

1 Like

Less so the gift / More so, the fact that they are acknowledging your achievement and not in some generic manner; they pointed out 5 years, 20 consecutive SH quarters. You are on their radar. WELL DONE

I’ll be waiting to see you accept your award at the AirBee’s

2 Likes

How is that possible if Airbnb just completed the 20th quarter of the program and you were de-listed for a whole year?

[Edit: Nevermind, I see that the program was re-launched in the 3rd quarter of 2014, so the current Superhost program has only existed for 20 quarters, but there was a previous program.]

1 Like