Anyone after 1 guest is $ per person?

I too manage a airbnb room… but my question is about a booking.
In future will need a place for myself, wife and 2 year old. I select this in the search and i get results… for 3 guests.
When u go to extra fees, extra people, it says ‘x’ amount for every guest after 1. Does that mean i am number 1 guest and my wife is 2 and little fella is 3. Or does that mean anyone further i bring on top of just the 3 of us?

It means what it says. You pay x amount after the first guest for each additional person. You being and additional person and your child being an additional person.

I’m not sure how you have missed this on your own listing! Better check what you have unless your max is only 1, you would have been asked to select this when you listed your room.

Many people like myself that are essentially encouraging single travelers and wanting to give them a discount, charge after the first person. When you search (assuming you have 3 guests in the filters) the price per night shown to you is the price for all 3 of you.

1 Like

My host listing is fine and incidently, it is setup quite strictly for 1 guest. Im flipping the coin here and trying to interpret from a guest point of view.
However the replies are conflicting regarding the reponses for my question

Zandra

It means what it says. You pay x amount after the first guest for each additional person. You being and additional person and your child being an additional person.

Emily

When you search (assuming you have 3 guests in the filters) the price per night shown to you is the price for all 3 of you.

If i look for 3 people in my search filter and then hundreds of listings come up… i then choose one, eg $150 min 1 night… is that all i have to pay as my search filter specified for 3… Or do i need to check the extra fees as there are 3 of us and it states, 19 dollars after the first guest?

Hi Vincent, the replies are not conflicting, @Zandra and I have both provided you the right info.

If you search, no filters, you will get the base price for how many guests that host accepts without extra charges- could by up to 6 or more.

If you search for 1 night and the listing has a 3 night minimum, the base price would actually show 3 nights cost, it will always show what you will pay on a specific date do can be deceptive if you are looking for a one nighter as it’s like wow how come this one is so much per night! ABB never used to let people even see these properties before but seems to have changed so a person can book 1 night but is charged for 3 for example.

If you are searching for specific dates AND 3 people in filters, the price shown to you will be for the whole booking for 3 people. Eg if it’s normally $50 per night, $10 each extra person after 1, for 3 nights it will show you $210 plus ABB fees on top.

If you left the dates off, you’ll see base price (for 3 ppl) BUT it could go up a lot with different dates due to minimum nights and different pricing in hosts calendar for weekends etc.