Welcome! We are a community of AirBnb hosts

This forum is dedicated to connecting hosts with other hosts. Sign up to get the latest updates and news just for AirBnb hosts! Note that we are not affiliated with Airbnb - we are just passionate hosts!

Any ideas about why a lamp would be in an oven?

Good thing I looked inside before preheating the oven!

The apartment has some storage space, so that doesn’t really explain it.

Think it’s ok to use the oven? Obviously I would remove the lamp first…
; )

I could ask the host, but I’m not sure I want to know why he put it there

1 Like

What the what?? You are encountering all sorts of weird stuff on your travels. I’d put money on the host not even knowing it’s in there. I bet it was another guest and it just wan’t discovered. I love mysteries…(do ask the host if only for our enjoyment!!).

2 Likes

Coz it’s dark in there?

3 Likes

I’ve heard about people who use their ovens for storage, because they don’t use them for cooking/baking. If I were you I’d ask the owner before I used that oven.

3 Likes

It’s for en"lightened" cooking. Are you sure you are not staying at Tino’s? :smiley:

4 Likes

Well, when I clicked on the thread, I was assuming someone had put a lamp in your oven. Now, I do know some people who store things in the oven, but they’re usually kitchen-related appliances and other cookware.

1 Like

Check out this article about New Yorkers who use their kitchens as closets:

2 Likes

Maybe the oven light blew so that was the next “sensible” option. Haha

1 Like

This is the same place as the disgusting pitted and dirty toilet?

No, a new place. It’s much, much cleaner.

2 Likes
Altcoin Fantasy - Crypto Fantasy Trading and Simulation Game - Win Bitcoin and Altcoins!