Welcome! We are a community of AirBnb hosts

This forum is dedicated to connecting hosts with other hosts. Sign up to get the latest updates and news just for AirBnb hosts! Note that we are not affiliated with Airbnb - we are just passionate hosts!

Any experience with houstrip.com

I have been listed on housetrip.com for a couple of years now. It’s free but guest on average gets charged 17.5% of the total nightly rate. Then I am supposed to collect the cleaning fee upon arrival, and I believe also the taxes too.

I believe their bank is in Switzerland and I never did call my bank to see how much a transfer fee would cost. I am about to delist from the site, but wanted to ask first if anyone has had any luck.

I receive about 3-4 inquiries a year. But it is never clear to me at all that the guest has read the fine print and understands that other payments are due upon arrival. And I always have trouble navigating the site to even respond with a message. They don’t have a U.S. phone number, and I don’t have international calling.

I already jack up my rates 15% when listing on Booking.com or Expedia. It just seems like housetrip is a PITA and I never think to update my calendar on that site. I won’t use calendar synching for various reasons, and I manually update all calendars.

Altcoin Fantasy - Crypto Fantasy Trading and Simulation Game - Win Bitcoin and Altcoins!