Welcome! We are a community of AirBnb hosts

This forum is dedicated to connecting hosts with other hosts. Sign up to get the latest updates and news just for AirBnb hosts! Note that we are not affiliated with Airbnb - we are just passionate hosts!

Another scam, be aware

You all may want to check this out. Recently reported in Vancouver Canada http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/airbnb-rental-scam-dupes-vancouverites-1.3454533

The line about the scammer signing up with only a phone number and email address seems a bit odd, considering the recent talk that everyone must be verified in order to actually make a reservation.

If you’re booking a long-term arrangement, why not go through an agent?

Commission on rental properties is a bit different in each market. For example, I have a home I rent out in Canada. Since I’m not there often, my agent was available for showings, drafting the lease, etc. Commission was the first month’s rent. That’s a small price to pay for a 36-month lease to an extremely well-qualified tenant.

In other markets, there are arrangements by which the tenant pays the agent a set fee and there is no money found leaving the landlord’s pocket.

In Hawaii, it’s illegal to rent any property–long term or short-term–unless you are on-island yourself or employ the services of a licensed real estate agent to manage the property.

Altcoin Fantasy - Crypto Fantasy Trading and Simulation Game - Win Bitcoin and Altcoins!