An alternative idea for hosting for our down and out friends

Howdy,

Over the last 2 weeks I have been contacted both by the City and a Christian group here about accommodating refugees and down and outers. What’s a little different this time is that these bodies are fully responsible for their “clients”. I don’t expect miracles, and this isn’t for everyone. To “arm” myself, the rents are high (for me at least) and the people seem most sincere.

I won’t make a fortune on this, but I am no stranger to dealing with these folks. It’s risky, but it can be good.

I will keep you posted.

2 Likes

I think this is wonderful that someone, in today’s situation, is trying to be kind and help others. I hope this goes well and will be thinking of you.

1 Like

I have had a similar situation with a family care group - started as a 2 week direct booking and evolved into 11 weeks. They were very careful about who was housed in my unit. They received a 10% discount after the initial 2 weeks at full fees.
They want to come back into the future, so it would appear that I have an ongoing client.
This booking saved me during the awful, empty 2 months

1 Like

I had a Yemenese guy here for a short time. Turned into 18 months. He got his Canadian citizenship. He finally left to get married :heart::heart:

1 Like

Our first guest checked in Our first guest checked in yesterday. He was carefully screened by the city. It’s only been a day, and I would rank him comparable to any good Airbnb guest.