Am I the bad host to say firm NO?

Thank you, I’ve been very busy, but just at this very moment I’m writing a topic on our wonderful :sweat_smile: first guests in our new place. It will be a novel !

4 Likes

After guests ignoring the fact that the washer and dryer are not offered, I put a tag saying “Laundry not offered. Please do not use washer and dryer” . I will see if that holds :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I just wish that for once, just once, “please please please” was to accommodate, say, a person with special needs, instead of requesting to break rules and/or dip into our pockets.

1 Like

No because else the thread won’t make sense !!

so true… guests, they are delicate little souls expecting a host to levitate around them and their needs :roll_eyes:

I came up with a solution! I added description WASHING MACHINE CAN BE USED FOR A FEE.
And I put note on machine “1 LOAD = 15e” so if they will pay extra than laundromat i’m fine with that :wink:

5 Likes

You are wise to turn this problem into an opportunity. :wink: Well done. :clap:

Based on what I see here, you might need to be firmer than a “please do not use” and just affirmatively state “Washer and Dryer are not for guest use.” Then add the phone number for the nearest laundromat :wink:

3 Likes

major update!!
i had a guest and he was like ‘‘can i use machine?’’ :puppy eye look:
and i was “sure, its 15e per load”
and guess what HE SUDDENLY DIDN’T NEEDED THE WASHING MACHINE :joy::joy::joy::joy:
problem solved <3

5 Likes