Am I required to provide body soap for guests?

For REALLY annoying guests:

Amazon.com: Liquid Ass: Toys & Games

more than 5,000 hilarious reviews, including many, many, many high schoolers expelled or suspended.

By “body soap” does the OP @GardenFairy mean “body wash” or a separate bar of soap from the hand soap, or … other?

Hi, thanks for getting back on topic! I use liquid hand soap, and I was referring to a separate body soap (doesn’t matter whether it is liquid body wash or a bar).

Ah OK.

Well yes, IMO pretty much every host needs to provide most definitely shampoo (I have large bottles), conditioners (same), and body wash and either by request or all the time, small or large bars of soap.

I don’t see how your guests can get clean in the shower otherwise.

My guest love the dispensers I have in all 3 of my Airbnb locations…
I use the Simple Human 3 chamber shower dispenser and fill them with fragrance free/sulfate free shampoo and conditioner plus my guests love the Dr. Bronner’s Peppermint soap I put in the third chamber… :slight_smile:
They are really nice (a little pricy) but work great and get rid of all of the bottles etc. I feel like the price is actually fair for the quality… Amazon or Bed Bath and Beyond (use the 20 percent off coupon)

1 Like

When I began my AirBnB offering in two bedroom apartment I don’t live in, I reflected back on my AirBnB experiences regarding soap etc. and that ranged from commercial bottles in the shower (used by all) to small hotel style tubes. I went with the small hotel style tubes and bought shower soap, body cream, shampoo and conditioner and little bars of soap. The cost wasn’t high per unit but I bought possibly a year’s worth :slight_smile: I think it adds a nice touch.

They aren’t used a lot (always have many left over) so the cost isn’t high. About the only surprising occurrence I had with one set of guests who stayed only one night was they took all the body gel! They must have lied the fragrance.

I was toying with buying soap dispensers and putting them in the bathroom, filling them from larger bottles but I will need to use my large supply of single use soaps first.

One other issue that I am considering is should I provide shower puffs - those puffy balls of soft plastic that help lather up liquid soap? Most hotels I stay at don’t provide them but I personally find it really difficult to get a good lather with liquid soap without the puffs and it would be a nice amenity. In the local stores I can buy them in quantity for about $1 each and I would just toss them out at the end of the stay unless of course they were not used which you can normally tell since the label is still on them.

All the more reason to provide those items because the travel size that you can easily put in a carry on might not last the whole visit. Plus I find it funny when folks talk about how their cost doesn’t allow it. The fact that Airbnb exists is the only reason any of us can do this and I just can’t accept that buying a $5 bottle of body wash which will last a very, very long time is cost prohibitive.

2 Likes