Am I Justified in Being Very Annoyed?

I use those towel type bathmats, they aren’t that much larger than a hand towel. But when it really cold I sometimes put out a microfiber fluffier one. But because it’s so warm here I can put it aside and wash it later, sometimes I take it outside and spray, hose down and hang outside until dry. Not an option in cold climates.

I don’t do the mattress pad after every guest unless the sheet was damp/wet/stained. But I also have a spare mattress pad so that doesn’t have to be washed. Keeping in mind I only have one queen bed.

1 Like

Exactly the same for us.

1 Like

We’ve found cotton bathmats that we love. They wash easily. They can be dried, too, but we dry them on the cover of our pool (a little bit of heat escapes). I bet they could also be dried on a line.

They’re not cheap, but they’re substantial (so they don’t slide around on the floor), and they last years. Do you want a link to them?

1 Like

Maybe read my entire post instead of just quoting one bit? I said:

If I have a single guest that doesn’t shower, then sheets, blanket, and hand towels easily fit in one load.

fyi “those towel type batmats” are called ‘foot towels’. if you are shopping online, those keywords will help you find it easier. i didn’t know what they were called until recently. really hard to find things if we don’t know how they’re named. i kept calling it a bath mat and coming up with those suction cup anti-slip mildew incubators :joy:

3 Likes

You should see my happy dance when I have a one-night reservation, open the shower door, and see that it hasn’t been used!

4 Likes

I read your entire post. Since I have only one room with one bed I was replying to that portion of your post, as it applies to my own experience. Even with a one nighter that doesn’t use shower/bath mats/towels I’m still looking at two loads in a standard sized washer, with everything that I wash after a stay.

Having said that I’m looking to tighten up my laundry routine and have less loads! :laughing:

Right there with you! Less towels…
I’d rather clean toilets than the shower, cleaning the glass and extracting other people’s hair is my least favorite job. YUK.

Thanks @RebeccaF! I think I will go with something that I can put in the dryer, and inexpensive enough so I can buy several of them. I think air drying would not work for me as I have a lot of back to back one-night flips (no prep. day). I have a lot of longer stay guests as well, and will continue to use the nicer “fluffy” ones for them.

I found an old thread from early 2018 where @KKC posted a couple of links to lighter weight cotton towel-like “Foot Towels” (thanks Lone Star):

So right now I’m deciding between the IKEA mats or the Utopia brand on Amazon.

I still like my IKEA ones but they don’t have that particular design any longer. But they have other terry ones and they now offer much expanded online shopping.

I noticed that the link no longer went to a specific product, but I like the terry ones with the stripe pattern, and they are cheap, so thanks for the IKEA tip!

1 Like

I would, please and thanx!

If you are talking about the VINNFAR then I have a pair of those that I use in rotation. I like that they launder in the washing machine well and then I just drape them over a railing overnight and they are good to go the next day. I have several pairs to rotate though so don’t need to worry about how long they take to dry. Although I have also put them in the dryer once or twice with no issues as well.

1 Like

We use Grund America white bath mats, 24x40-inch size. They last years. We have bought them directly from Grund, but I can’t get their website to work. Here they are from Amazon:

1 Like

Thanx. I assume they are cheaper to buy direct? Either way even if they were lime a quarter the price and I might decide to go with it they are too big for one of the houses. I suppose they could be doubled up but guests are likely to prefer they be the right size to fit

They come in other sizes on Amazon (and elsewhere). They’re great.

I got the Grund website to open. The smallest size starts at $19.99. https://livegrund.com/collections/gots-certified-organic-cotton-yarn-bath-rugs/products/charleston-bath-rug-collection?variant=24547001139264

1 Like

Nice. Thanx! 2020202020

1 Like

Also thanks. I’m tired of cutting off the loose strings on the edges of my bathmats that seem to start disintegrating within a year.

2 Likes

I have that same happy dance. One guest never used the bed at all - snoopy had nothing on me that day.

2 Likes

With Muddy and Yana on this .The laundry routines described by some posters are environmental vandalism . We have a lot more to fear from the destruction of our habitat than from cooties Medical opinion (my day job)

5 Likes