Am I being petty?

Worst is stating a time they would arrive, but not turning up till 2-3 hrs later…no communication, known I have come from wk waiting. This is frustrating,when ive arrived at a time, but end up twiddling thumbs for 2-3 hrs.
I have done everything i can about this. its in rules, i mention more than twice when booking …

I think that’s the hardest, when people don’t respect that fact that you work elsewhere. At least I’m a SAHM, so I’m usually here already.

Dishwasher is 2 feet away. Easy for them. _ dont have staff. I have 2 other jobs, so not up to me to clean up after them. People just dont get airbnb,_
it isnt delays such as flight delays etc, its just people turning up when they feel like it.,.

1 Like

I had 2 students stay with me for the last academic year and I swear their mammies must have done everything for them, 6 months of saying put your plate into the dishwasher just would not sink in . I think there must be sort of phobia of dishwashers that just has not been labelled yet, its obviously widespread, its definitely in Dublin and USA . Poor pet doing 3 jobs at the same time

2 Likes

OMG, my husband had always lived with his mom and then his grandma before we got married. We’ve been married 13 years and I still get onto him about picking up his shoes and socks and putting them away so he’s a good example to our kids. I AM NOT EVERYONE’s MAID! His grandma actually made his bed for him once when he got up to go to the bathroom. When he got back it was made. She did all his laundry and organized his clothes by color (okay, he’s colorblind and she was being helpful), but ugh, no wonder people don’t know how to take care of themselves!

2 Likes

The thing is i dont wanna baby sit these kinda people. phew…
When its made plain and clear to them ie, in rules and also stated when they are showing around apt, they should do what theyre told. If they dont it is pure ignorance.

1 Like

Good points, Sarah. I wouldn’t bother mentioning the dishes at all if they’d been washed but not put away. Yes, it’s annoying but not as annoying as some other things my guests have done.

As for the arrival time, I think the best thing would be to not “mark them down” for it but instead leave them a nicely worded comment that only they can see: “Enjoyed having you as a guest and I hope you choose to visit again. There is just one small favor I’d like to ask, and that would be to please let us know if you can’t make the check-in time…”

1 Like

This is the point exactly. It’s made clear in the rules and is disrespected. Either state it in the review or leave it in the feedback. People need to be aware that we know you broke the rules – and we don’t approve.

1 Like

You could handle it like a rental car company does for refueling and excessive cleanup. If you’d like, leave the dishes, but $XX will be held from your deposit.

1 Like

I dont have the deposit thing…as it a shared space…

Shared or not, you should still have a deposit! They could damage something in the shared space??

2 Likes

I have thought of this before. I would hate to have no comeback. How much can we charge for a deposit, and does having a security deposit get less bookings?
I would def have it for a whole apt, but not so sure about just one room???

It’s the psychology of it too. They have less invested if no deposit. It should not affect your bookings as 99.99% of the time you return the deposit!

For a single room in your house, get at least $75.

3 Likes

I think the minimum is $95. Air holds the money, and you have 48 hours to make a claim on it. It’s not money you collect and have to return.

1 Like

She’s right. They imprint… like a hotel. They don’t charge the whole card the actual cash (such as FlopKey does). It’s really brilliant and no reason not to have it.

1 Like

How about this??

“David stayed with me for 3 nights. A few days before arrival he requested a three hour early check in. I rearranged my work schedule to accommodate his request; however, he failed to communicate to me that his plans changed. He had me waiting for several hours. Overall David was a friendly person, but he disregarded my house rule of not leaving dirty dishes for me to clean after his meals.”

2 Likes

Thanks for that.
But I cant! I couldnt do it. Sounds to extreme. I’m to nice. but wana be firm and fair. I’m debating whether to write a review at all.:cold_sweat:

Lol!! Okay…what nice qualities did “David” have? If you had to say 3 nice things about him…what would you say?? I’ll try to lighten my remove, and incorporate those - to see how it sounds…lol

who is David btw lol
I knew a david before, wasnt a great experience lol

I was just giving the anonymous guest a name :slight_smile: