Welcome! We are a community of AirBnb hosts

This forum is dedicated to connecting hosts with other hosts. Sign up to get the latest updates and news just for AirBnb hosts! Note that we are not affiliated with Airbnb - we are just passionate hosts!

Almost seems like a scam, listed place message host, then unavailable.. Not once, but twice

I am a Host in Tucson AZ and have been hosting for over 2 years now. I am going to be a guest and heading to Kauai in May. I have done a ton of searching, but one place in particular seemed almost like a scam. I messaged the Host asking a few questions and then the listing was gone. A few hours later I get a response that it was no longer available the owner decided to spend some time on the Island, however they have another listing and if I was interested. I said yes, they than have me go to another site and submit information. I submitted the info. The next day the listing is once again available… humm ok, I ask more questions and once again it’s unlisted. Eventually they get back to me with 808homes.co. and a home that’s available. This feels like a bait and switch. Go to Airbnb only to have some message back and say Hey, search this and then submit your name and email on the site… I now wonder how common this is.

Red flag. Never go off Airbnb for anything.

I don’t think anyone has stats on how common it is.

But I wonder why you pursued booking with this particular host, when they directed you to another site? As a host yourself you must have known it was a scam?

I do hope you reported the host to Airbnb and that you find an alternative with a host that doesn’t direct you off site.

Report this to airbnb and stay the hell away from this person. For that matter I would never stay with any host with no reviews. Actually I only stay with superhosts unless there is literally nothing else available.

It’s been reported, I was curious how far this particular individual would go. No I’m not booking with them.

Altcoin Fantasy - Crypto Fantasy Trading and Simulation Game - Win Bitcoin and Altcoins!