Airhost forum jinx: I was overdue for another "problem"

…or a very special horse with exceptional skills :wink:

JF

2 Likes

LOL. So far I haven’t had that problem. However when with my dog (like at a new vet) and asked about my name people say “no, your name.” They think my dog’s name is Dusty.

I had at least one man here who booked, arrived, canceled all within a period of two hours. His comments and reactions seriously made me wonder if he canceled when he realized I was female. Nothing about his behavior made any sense but I got $60 and hardly had to do anything but talk to him and deal with this Airbnb messages.

His name wasn’t Mike Pence, by any chance? :joy:

1 Like

I went back and looked and his first name is…believe it or not… Micheal. And the same month he canceled with me he stayed with two other El Paso hosts, both male. So I think my spidey sense about him may have been on target.

1 Like

So here’s the final chapter on this booking. This soldier left this morning, checking out on time.

Here are the pluses about his stay:
He paid for a second person who didn’t stay after asking to make sure it was okay.
He left the room in extra clean tidy condition even taking his trash to the outside bin.
He didn’t use any consumables like the coffee pods, fig bars, canned fizzy waters, razor, nada.
He used one towel and one roll of TP over 3 days.
He never turned on the window AC.

And the cherry on top: he left me 7 beers. Turns out he can’t take them with him because he’s leaving for Iraq. So I’ll be refunding him a little bit, just because. (If Airbnb ever sends me the payment)

Send me these guests all day, every day.

5 Likes

It seems a bit sad that the girlfriend never showed-up.

2 Likes

Turns out she came into town with her family and stayed with them. There are those families where that’s not considered appropriate if you aren’t married and maybe out of respect to the family she didn’t come over.

2 Likes

But that is still so sad, given he’s off to Iraq.

We met a frantic young woman in Croatia in May, who had come over from the US to meet her husband for a few days, whilst his ship visited and had some R&R. Mid her flight, Mr Trump redirected his ship to The Gulf. Her parents had paid for her to fly over.

1 Like

Well, he did arrive rather late last night so hopefully they had some time alone. I’m sure many of the soldiers have no one to special to see them off or home and that’s saddest of all.

2 Likes

I was a young married officer when I got back from my first deployment (hurricane relief so not combat, back in the late 90s) and ended up helping the single privates with baggage detail since my husband didn’t even come to pick me up let alone attend the welcome home ceremony…and he wondered why I slept in the couch with my dogs that first night…and yes, we are now long divorced and he is on his 3rd wife.

2 Likes

And he left a good review already, so that’s the cherry on top. Since he’s shipping out I didn’t really expect a review.

3 Likes

This comment made me crack up. Thanks

Yeah, now overdue is my last guest did not ??? So, the next guest should want to stay here for free for any reason that we could not possibly imagine and Airbnb will give them your money AND let them leave a shit review. I will say the same thing here as any forum. It is time to start branding yourselves. Get a website, put a name in your title, claim you google listing, and ready set DUMP abb or keep them for when you need to remember what a self entitled shit guest is like, and how it feels to have a company that does not care one lick about you, hold ing your coins.

1 Like

I’m not understanding most of this post but you must have meant to post on a different topic.