Airhost Bingo First Round of Cards Sent Out!

Reply if you want to get in on the game.

I will PM you with 1) your PERSONAL randomly generated bingo card, and 2) my PayPal address for your OPTIONAL (not required to play) suggested donation of $5 to Doctors Without Borders. I will match donations up to a total of $75.

Sorry it’s all a bit primitive. Your card attachment will be a jpeg file and if you can’t print it out, just reproduce it on a scrap of paper and send me a phone photo, or just a list of your 5 in a row, if/when you win. Sample card is below, featuring 24 of 50 possible Airhost words and phrases.

House Rules:

Play period is December 10 through December 31. Winner(s) will be announced, praised and adulated on the forum.
Honor system, as there’s no way your sponsor can check the cards.
Winning card has 5 spaces in a row marked off, horizontally, vertically or diagonally. All cards have one “Free” space.
Source posts must be new posts made on or after December 10.
Reasonable word variations allowed (e.g., “Scented” to mark off “Scent”)
You can’t use any words from your own posts. And no collusion!
Words must be from the body of a post, not the title of a thread topic.
No use of the search function allowed.

3 Likes

Come on you lot, it’s a bit of fun and will benefit an organisation that does so much good, especially when governments won’t/can’t.

Be nice to give something back, especially at this time of year.

JF

Can you please go over again what exactly is expected of the players to do??
I haven’t played bingo in like since I was a kid… I am not quite yet in the age group that has already been reminded what it entails… can we add something exciting like sexx or something to get more people on board??

If you want to play, let me know in a reply and I will send you a private message with a bingo card. Print it out or otherwise make a copy of your card.
All you have to do is read Airhosts Forum posts (which you do anyway to receive the fabulous wisdom) from Dec. 10 through Dec. 31, and when you see a word in the body of a post that is on your bingo card, cross it off or otherwise mark it. 5 marked boxes in a row on the bingo card is a winning card. Of course you have to let me know that you won, as we are not all sitting in the firehall together on Friday night playing bingo.
The word pool for the cards is, sadly, already entered in an app that randomly generates the cards, so no sexx! The word “stain” is in the generator; does that count?

1 Like

Ok Dp I’ll try it!!

xxxx Gypsy

1 Like

Ok it is printed out! So does Any airhost forum reading work? Or can I write a true, of course! post about my , … ;;;; ‘’’’ etc etc etc all in row, and win??

Or is this just for new posts only, that are started and commented between Dec13 and Dec31?
Please clarify, Thank you!

OK, Gypsy, see House Rules below, emphasis added!! Nice try but no cigar.

Play period is December 10 through December 31. Winner(s) will be announced, praised and adulated on the forum.
Honor system, as there’s no way your sponsor can check the cards.
Winning card has 5 spaces in a row marked off, horizontally, vertically or diagonally. All cards have one “Free” space.
Source posts must be new posts made on or after December 10.
Reasonable word variations allowed (e.g., “Scented” to mark off “Scent”)
You can’t use any words from your own posts. And no collusion!
Words must be from the body of a post, not the title of a thread topic.
No use of the search function allowed.

2 Likes

Is that entirely new post/ topic threads or just new comments?
Thanks!

Starts today!!!

I assumed comments starting today. So if it’s a thread that started last week but the post is today or later it counts. I’m writing the post number, thread name and date on my card in the space instead of marking with an x or whatever.

1 Like

Ummm, you guys know I just made the rules up completely on the fly, right? It’s just for fun and a little charity.
Hope your card was one with “IPO” on it – that’s a gimme today!!

3 Likes

hey I got 5 in a row!!
bingo bingo bingo

1 Like

Already???!! haha, glad you played. You followed ALL the rules, no search function use, etc.?
Reply back with your 5 in a row words and I’ll “announce” you in a new thread.
If I ever do this again, I must use more obscure words.

2 Likes

I never used search function, it didn’t occur to me! with all the Ipo threads I really had to keep on with eyeballs alone! Just fyi I have 2 rows with five and 3 rows with 3!

1 Like