Airbnb's Host Protection Insurance

Hey everyone. I’m thinking about starting with Airbnb but I have some issues with regard to insurance. Since I know my homeowners policy (I’m in the US btw) won’t cover me, I’m interested in finding out more about the coverage Airbnb offers. I know about the property damage reimbursement, but what about the Host Protection Insurance. That summary pdf doesn’t tell you much and the page says if you want to know more to contact them, so I did. I asked if I could see the policy or get additional information on what it covers or doesn’t. I got two response emails and both basically said they “do not have any further documents to provide with this”.

Has anyone seen a copy of the policy or have any specifics about this insurance beyond the summary pdf that is on the website?

AirBnB Insurance is very Lousy!!!
I hope you never need to make a claim through the AirBnB insurance.
I just had two miserable experiences in a row.
To me, the whole AirBnB Insurance is just a lie, a rip off and the claims are a big waste of time. You won’t actually get anything back.
You will get to communicate with different agents every few days, they will tell you that they carefully reviewed your request, when they didn’t even consider the past communications. They won’t actually even consider your true case, the whole focus is to find a gap where you didn’t comply with some fine print and in a way or another they will find a way to tell you that you didn’t comply or eventually, after dozens of back and forth, that the deadline has expired and “unfortunately” you are not eligible for any AirBnB refund.
I really hope that you can prove me wrong, because if that’s how it goes for most cases I think that the users should be informed.

No one here is going to do that because we all agree with you. It’s well known that getting reimbursed by Airbnb is very hit or miss. There are dozens of stories here about it and you can use the search function to find them.

BTW, this forum is not owned or monitored by Airbnb. So if you think you are registering a complaint with them, you aren’t.

Sorry this happened to you and welcome to the forum. If you stick around and read extensively you can learn things that might help you avoid problems in the future.

I’ve had about a 60% success rate with Air.
One was for about $10,000 (so I have to give them credit for that.) Another one was for about $3000 (police were called on this one.) Last week they covered my pool table felt that was destroyed and had to be replaced for $550

That stated, all of those were from guests who, (pretty much) admitted to the damage and a LOT of documentation… so take that with a grain of salt.

It’s odd that I seem to be able to get big damage covered, but not small damage. For example, a guest pull something metal on one of our washing machines and made some deep, massive scratches on the top of it. The repair cost was like $75, but they wouldn’t cover it. I’ve had several more claims like that. I’ve given up on the small claims, it’s just not worth the headache.

Whenever the guest has just lied and put up a big fight, it’s been about 75-25 in favor of the guests. Guests are always given the advantage at Air. Hosts are considered the bottom of the barrel. (As they showed us in the “Great Cancellation Massacre of 2020”.)

What is very difficult to get covered is “smells”. So every time someone smokes cigarettes or pot in the house, you’re out of luck… The best you can do is put the fear of God in the guests with 'threats" about cigarette/pot smells.

Good luck!