Airbnb wants me to improve my location

Well, as part of a recent mildly negative review I got, Airbnb suggested these things to work on.

Pretty bizarre to ask a host to “work on” the inconvenient location. I can’t change anything about my location.

Guest wanted a 10 AM check in and I declined so he retaliated with a negative review.

2 Likes

If the location is listed accurately, then yes. I’ve known many a rental that has exaggerated its location - ie: five minutes to the beach - when it’s actually a half-hour walk.

But the location thing is daft anyway - the guest knows the location when they book, after all.

1 Like

This message came from an algorithm – and is just one more example of Airbnb code being written by geeks who do not have a clue about the business of hosting an Airbnb, and senior management that does care to correct this shortcoming.

2 Likes

The whole tone of “what to work on” is insulting. That some algorithm, probably concocted by 20-something techies, spitting out that senseless hogwash, affects our listings, based on some fickle guest’s notions or revenge, is disgusting.