Airbnb Tampa Market

Does anyone know what the market is like in Tampa for Airbnb owners? It seems like being home to the nicest beaches in the country (Siesta Key continues to be rated #1) may make it an appealing area to invest in. There’s also a lot of growth going on with the city.

Have you checked out local government regulations to see if there are restrictions around short term lets?

My listing is in Bradenton, FL and the market is definitely strong! I actually get guests that can’t find anything affordable in St. Pete so they stay at my place 30 mins south of St. Pete. You probably wouldn’t get guests visiting Siesta Key if you had a place in Tampa- that would be more of Sarasota or Bradenton.

This is what I’ve come up with so far:

The bill (HB 425), sponsored by Rep. Mike La Rosa, R-St. Cloud, prevents local governments from imposing new restrictions on vacation homes. Local ordinances that were in effect on June 1, 2011, could remain, but restrictions adopted after that date, including laws based on a 2014 legislative compromise, would be declared “void and unenforceable” by the state and wiped off the books.

That’s good to hear! The reason I asked about Tampa is due to what seems like a construction boom and the surrounding areas.

locals hate tourists, but our government and economy LOVE them. There are tons of Airbnbs and short term rentals in the area. Our economy in the Sarasota/Bradenton area is heavily influenced by the snow birds that come down for 6 months out of the year.

1 Like