Airbnb superhost - reviews reviewed for which period?

Each quarter Airbnb reviews hosts and grants them superhost status if 80% of their reviews are 5 stars. Every time they qualify a host, do they look at all reviews since the beginning of the host account OR do they factor in only the reviews for the last/prior quarter?

They only look at the current review period.

1 Like

@EllenN it would make sense that they look only at the current review period… which would motivate hosts and allow them to improve their performance faster. However, the Airbnb host dashboard provides no quarterly reporting to validate or understand this a bit better. Do you have a real quantifiable example to prove Airbnb looks only at the current review period? For example, you or another host had an average review of 3 in one quarter and a 4.9 in the next quarter and superhost status was granted?

The last 12 months is your review period. You are assessed quarterly.

3 Likes

Look at your Stats Page.

@chicagohost actually as @EllenN suggested I looked at my stats page and for example, today, September 8, 2016, the Host Standards section of my stats page indicates the following time period: October 1, 2015 - September 8, 2016. So they don’t look at the last 12 months on a rolling basis, but rather they look at the period starting from the day after the last day of the same quarter last year… or from the first day of the next quarter last year. Unless their stats page is not showing the correct timeframe.

How do I become a Superhost?

How do I become a Superhost?

To become a Superhost, you need to have an account in good standing, and over the past year you must have:

• Hosted at least 10 trips
  • Maintained a 90% response rate or higher
  • Received a 5-star review at least 80% of the time you’ve been reviewed, as long as at least half of the guests who stayed with you left a review
  • Completed each of your confirmed reservations without canceling
  • Check your superhost status

You don’t need to apply to become a Superhost. If you meet the program requirements on the assessment date, you’ll qualify for Superhost status. We’ll notify you of your Superhost status at the end of each assessment period—usually 10 days after the assessment begins.

You can track your progress in the Superhost section of your dashboard.

1 Like

They DO look at the last 12 months! If you meet the criteria each quarter when they do the assessment, then you are a Superhost.