Welcome! We are a community of AirBnb hosts

This forum is dedicated to connecting hosts with other hosts. Sign up to get the latest updates and news just for AirBnb hosts! Note that we are not affiliated with Airbnb - we are just passionate hosts!

AirBnb scam alert

Just read from this article that some people are being e-mailed from a scam AirBnb support site. Please be aware that any e-mails from customer-airbnb.com is a scam!

Here’s a message I got on AIRBNB to host that has scam written all over it:

Hello
I hope this email reaches you well! My name is (website hidden) and I am visiting Toronto on vacation and business. This is my first time in Toronto and so far I love everything this city has to offer.

Your apartment is very intriguing it is clear that you take great pride in providing a comforting and stylish environment with a premier location. In addition, your knowledge of Toronto is invaluable, a true asset.

I was hoping to request the room for booking starting Friday, August 28, 2014 until September 13, 2014.

Best,

How is this a scam? Was the email through Airbnb or direct to you?

Speaking of Scams, have you all seen the NY Times article on the latest AirBnB horror story?

Altcoin Fantasy - Crypto Fantasy Trading and Simulation Game - Win Bitcoin and Altcoins!