Airbnb put my payout in closed bank account

I’m beyond frustrated. I had an Airbnb rental in another state, I moved, I eventually closed my bank account. Set up my new site and added my new bank account, but did notice they would not let me remove the old one or change the default for payout.
Guests came and went, no payout. I could tell it was trying to go to closed account. Talked to a few Airbnb people, one got rid of my old account, but it was too late for the current payout. One person suggested I contact my old bank, I did, they could not see where a deposit came and was rejected. They basically did not know what they were doing.
Talked to another at Airbnb yesterday that seems to know what she’s doing and said she would expedite it, but haven’t heard anything back.
Suggestions? Going to try to find another site to list on, I’d too frustrated with them

They certainly can be frustrating. I paid for half of a reservation on one credit card and wanted to pay the other half on a different credit card. This was apparently something beyond their capabilities. I ended up closing the account of the first card and calling and telling them I had closed that account. We added the new credit card. And then I added two people to the reservation and they charged the half fee for the change to the old card.

It’s maddening but you aren’t going to find another service to list on that has better service or brings you more guests.

1 Like

So, do I eventually get my payout? Feel I’ve been through the wringer with them.

My guess is yes. For all the complaints I’ve read I’ve never heard that someone didn’t get paid at all. The few times I had to contact them about a missing payment I always received it.

1 Like

Thanks for that. I don’t want to give up on this site as my former rental in Arizona was a big success with 6 months out of the year pretty booked. This is a different place and I know I have to give it time, but not getting the money makes me upset.

1 Like

So you had the disappeared listing. Did it reappear? I guess it did since you got booked. And now your payment is disappeared? You are having a bad run. But unless you have a whole house listing in a vacation area that would do well on VRBO or booking dot com you are stuck with Airbnb.

1 Like

Someone on this site told me what to do, get rid of the cache and someone else suggested when looking at listings in my area to always use the private window. So, all of that is fixed.
Probably the last one I set up was rocky at first too, just don’t remember.

1 Like