Airbnb Policy on Earplugs

I bought individually wrapped earplugs by the case from Amazon. I place these on the bed and also have a white noise machine and a ceiling fan. I am clear in my description

3 Likes

I’m not sure if Airbnb outsourced to a different company, but the CS agents I’ve had within the last year are abysmal. They often miss the point of my issue, give stupid resolutions*, and don’t know their own TOS/policies.

To answer your original question, of course there is no policy against offering ear plugs. You got a cowboy agent that’s making :poop: up as they go.

In fact, they mention earplugs as a solution to noise issues in their official blog (under the “unexpected noises” heading). So tell that idiot to put that in his pipe and smoke it.

*Their rule sets weren’t working. It wouldn’t allow me to block Sunday checkout on a 3-day holiday weekend. The agent said she’d get it working. She did so by blocking ALL Sunday checkouts in perpetuity.

2 Likes

We were thinking about the earplug thing since we have dogs. Although there is no policy against offering ear plugs, we’d like to try some before offering. Moldex Drift to Sleep was our first option. Do you have anything to recommend? Sorry had to revive this topic.

I offer earplugs in my toiletries supplies basket. Nothing fancy. Package from dollar tree. It’s a “free-bee” for the guest. They rarely use them.

I started offering them when during a “girl-friends trip” one snored and another was super sensitive to a fairly quiet TV in a different room.

1 Like

We get these ones, they were recommended by a friend who works crew for live music and uses them a lot. We got them as individually-wrapped which I think is non-negotiable, especially now.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07G2PR6H4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

2 Likes

I have earplugs for guests in their bathroom, in a little ziplock bag with Q tips and cotton balls. It’s generally really quiet where I live, but my dog occasionally barks at something in the middle of the night and here in Mexico, if someone is having a wedding or Sweet 15 party, those go on til 5AM and you can hear the outrageously loud music even if it’s coming from kilometers away.
A few guests have used the earplugs, but when I point them out, a lot of guests have told me they always travel with their own, as I do.

2 Likes

LOL. If you mentioned up front that you were ASLEEP when he pounded on your door at 1:30 that would have super clear.

Instead, you go on with irrelevant bs: “I regularly speak in a firm but polite manner”, & “I assure you that I was not being too loud”. Anyone would expect that you were awake and doing something to cause this. Not much for clarity

Offering earplugs is directly dismissive.

1 Like

Checking them out. Thank you @JJ!

1 Like

Ditto. 2020202020202020202020

1 Like

Slightly timely and relevant posts. I had a guest recently who gave me a glowing review on all aspects. Their only suggestion was, the apartment was a bit noisy at night (4th floor inner city) with traffic noise. But that was entirely understandable. So their comment was along the lines for future guests, if traffic noise is something that could disturb you bring along some ear plugs. I was toying with the idea of providing them mysell (wth the soap and shampoo :slight_smile: ) if I could find them packed in sealed pairs rather than in bags on a 12 or more that I would have to separate. In over 18 months of hosting I have only had had a comment about street noise, twice.

1 Like

It’s time to offer earplugs especially considering your location. :slightly_smiling_face:

As I said if I can find them in sealed pairs. In my own personal travel experience I’ve never ever taken earplugs with me or ever had to use them.

I buy them in bags- like 20 pair to a bag. There’s no reason they have to be individually sealed. It’s obvious that they are new and haven’t been used- I just take out a fresh set for each guest and put them in a little ziplock bag along with some Q-tips and cotton balls. If the guest ever uses them, they just get left for the next guest.

Amazon has many choices. I try to support local when possible but this is the kind of thing I rely on Amazon for.

1 Like