Airbnb Plus Program -- anyone else who thinks the new photos suck?

This is probably my biggest eye roll at the program. The homes in our area are all chosen for the same reason: new construction with West Elm/CB2 furnishings. It is quite boring to look at and makes it difficult to distinguish one listing from another.

3 Likes

About a dozen listings I’ve seen in my city (some plus, some not) have the same set of pillows with teal triangles on them!

2 Likes

My latest update – since I quit Plus, my “viewings” have plummeted. Fortunately, this is the busy season and eventually, as other places get booked, I will become more visible as I will be one of the only ones left that isn’t yet booked! :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I have to wonder if this was intentional by Airbnb putting you mug lower in the rankings for quitting THEIR Plus program…but you are right that eventually you will get booked. And don’t fall for lowering your prices to make it happen either…

1 Like

I’ve been down about 10% per year since I started. I used to be able to get $400/night in the summer; now at $295. Average price for what is left for the 3rd weekend in June (I just checked) for my area in Boulder, which means any place that is walkable to the pedestrian mall) is $385. And, yet, I’m getting about 2 views/day when I used to get 30. I’m not going down any further. This is my place: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/4310198?preview_for_ml=true&guests=1&adults=1&sl_alternate_dates_exclusion=true&source_impression_id=p3_1559073273_be2xHNrT1qgn05El

Thanks for the update / Sorry to hear about the downturn. Good information should I ever get tempted to leave “Plus”

My memory may be way off, but I thought you about to sell your condo and move to Marseilles?

Vive Le France?

Yes – but I will fight to the end for the rest of you! I wrote a “help” message on Airbnb’s FB page and they responded, sort-of. They will get back to me “as soon as possible”, and we all know what that means.

2 Likes

We are in the middle of selling our Northern California Airbnb since it’s high selling season. But I’ve noticed since the Plus program began our bookings have become more sporadic and last minute. We’ve not had to lower our price, but now we get very few bookings further than a few weeks out (like our regular clientele has gone away… ). Which begs to ask, is it really drawing a new audience or simply taking the bookings from other existing listings and redistributing to the new, “fresh”, Plus listings?

1 Like

Multiple people have posted the same observation recently. It’s also possible that the competition has increased so much that there are just many fewer of the advance bookers and they are distributed across the listings.

1 Like