AirBnB Platform Not Saving Updated Prices

Hi all! We have the annual state fair coming up in about a month, meaning everyone marks their prices accordingly.

Last night I got a booking at my normal weekend rate for that time and immediately contacted AirBnB. They did some investigating and admitted it was an issue with their platform. I asked them to cancel the reservation so I could delist the listing for that time frame and make it available on other platforms that weren’t having software issues. I expected them to fight me on it, or call it a hit to my Superhost status, but there was no problem, they cancelled the reservation.

I went in just now to try to block the nights off on both of my listings for that time frame, and the system wouldn’t let me save the blocked nights. So I ended up snoozing both listings for ten days, and hope that sticks.

If you have events coming up where you’ve marked special prices, I encourage you to check to see what nightly rate the guest was booked at, just to be on the safe side.

6 Likes

Their recent “update” sure seems to have caused a whole lot of glitches, mostly to do with calendar settings and pricing and changes not being saved. And from reading posts on this and other forums, they don’t seem to have fixed these glitches, even though it’s been going on for months.

3 Likes

I also had issues with updating my prices, unfortunately. It never got fixed…

1 Like

I’ve noticed that I can no longer block off dates that are currently blocked off only because they haven’t become available. It’s so annoying. I’m on a 3 month rolling calendar.

1 Like

and it’s a pity there aren’t many savvy hosts left in the CC to call out these problems. the savvy few I know who still lurk are too scared to rock the boat. the sycophants are still there, doing their thing.

2 Likes