AirBnB Photo Doesn't Look Like The Guest

I’m new to hosting, but 2 out of the 4 couples we have hosted photos don’t have any resemblance to the person. Has anyone else noticed such a thing? It’s awkward to bring up the fact they don’t look like their picture. I’m wondering if this is something people are doing for whatever reason. Thanks~

1 Like

Most of my guests are Pokemon’s…

Look at Facebook or Twitter - many people don’t like their photograph to be on the internet. Look at hosts here, in fact. It’s very rare for me to get people who look like their photographs. People who do use them often put a very old one (so that they look younger!)

I do wonder why this bothers you though?

@jaquo, it may be because of expectations. When I made my profile I had several photos of my family and a lengthy description, thinking people may be hesitant to rent to a family. My reasoning was, if anyone is going to let me rent their home or stay in their home, they are going to want to know me.

My first inquiry was from a pineapple with sunglasses. I was quite dismayed. I called my airbnb muse and she said that was normal and not a worry for her. (He was an amazing young french guy, perfect guests).

So, @Encantador - welcome - but this is not unusual. Some people do photo horribly, some are very reluctant to put a clear photo of themselves online. If it worries you, though, feel free to ask for ID when the guest arrives. It is clearly in your rights. Some hosts must do that based on their local tourist laws. Where are you located?

1 Like

Thanks to all of you for your comments. It’s much appreciated. I guess it doesn’t matter if it’s a pineapple with sunglasses or a photo that doesn’t resemble them in the least. The old saying, “You can’t judge a book by its cover” applies here, I suppose.
Many Thanks,
Encantador

2 Likes