Airbnb paying 25% based on your cancellation policy?

I do the same and add tea tree oil as a anti bacterial! Always smells fresh.

2 Likes

Thank you. My guest cancelled prior to ABB extending the dates for extenuating Circumstances. ABB extended the dates for guests canceling soon after so I imagine he will be getting a full refund now. Iā€™m aware I have no recourse although someone mentioned a Possible class action?

Pretty sure we signed off that too. The TOS only benefit Air

Even if there were a successful class action it would be years before hosts got notification of their $12.50 check. Air could go bankrupt or be bought out or whatever but meanwhile hosts are having to sell their properties at fire sale prices. Maybe the Trump Kushners will be buying up more spots in Manhattan.

@RiverRock @LenoxHillHost Terms attached below along with some precedent.

Worth noting that Hotel Lobbyists are not the biggest supporters of STL companies, so I wouldnā€™t expect much support on any class action from Trump as his hotel revenue crumbles. Who could have predicted a 5-time bankrupt businessman would bankrupt the country.

Section 19 Arbitration

Worldwide count as of right now- Number of identified cases: 1,273,712
Number of deaths: 69,456
Do the math. Thatā€™s actually 5%.

Itā€™s one thing to live in some part of the world where you donā€™t have access to information. I canā€™t for the life of me understand why someone would willingly choose to live in a bubble of misinformation.

5 Likes

Regardless of what is stated online the numbers are almost certainly an undercount. First, we know places like N. Korea, China, Iran arenā€™t going to report truthfully. Second, people have died and will continue to die from CV never having been tested. Third there really should be a collateral damage count. If someone is stressed out by a diagnosis and losing their job and shoots someone, that should count. There will be people who will die of other causes that would live under ordinary circumstances. The best way to measure will be take total deaths for 2020 and 2021 and compare to the last few years. If itā€™s 800,000 more over that two year period than the last two year period, adjusted for population growth then we will have a good idea.

That said the differences across nations, populations and health care systems puts limits on our ability to extrapolate.

For sure. But those are the only numbers we have to go on now, the reported ones. There are plenty of people out there who have the virus but are asymptomatic, in addition to ones who have died outside a hospital who arenā€™t being counted.

1 Like

Iā€™m on record as saying I think we could have more dead in the US than the US Civil War. ( > 620,000)

Thatā€™s because we arenā€™t doing enough, fast enough. Just when Iā€™ll think maybe Iā€™ve overestimated I read that the president wants full arenas and stadiums by fall, the navy isnā€™t doing enough to prevent the infection of thousands of sailors at sea and that thousands of parishoners are determined to go to church on Easter Sunday.

And so many people who still just donā€™t get it. I just read a post on the CC from some host in Arkansas asking how he can attract people to his listing, stating that his state isnā€™t under lockdown (dummies), he lives in a small town where there arenā€™t any cases, so itā€™s ā€œsafeā€.

It may take a nationwide shut down of STRs.

I agree. We all lost our booked reservations because of an ā€œAct of Godā€ rather than an ā€œForce Majeure,ā€ which you could call an ā€œAct of Man.ā€ I thought that we were all getting 25% of cancelled reservations from March 14 through May 31.

12.5% of the entire booking

And of course, the earth is flat.

Current, as of today, mortality rates (versus total infected) in Italy and Spain are 12.3% and 9.6% respectively. Further testing will bring those rates down, but in no way can they be considered ā€œsmallā€.

As regards the U.S., it is a few weeks behind the timelines of Italy and Spain. Sadly, the mortality rate there will increase. It also appears that the current mortality rate may not be correct, under reporting is widespread throughout the country:

WASHINGTON ā€” A coroner in Indiana wanted to know if the coronavirus had killed a man in early March, but said that her health department denied a test. Paramedics in New York City say that many patients who died at home were never tested for the coronavirus, even if they showed telltale signs of infection.

In Virginia, a funeral director prepared the remains of three people after health workers cautioned her that they each had tested positive for the coronavirus. But only one of the three had the virus noted on the death certificate.

Across the United States, even as coronavirus deaths are being recorded in terrifying numbers ā€” many hundreds each day ā€” the true death toll is likely much higher.

More than 9,400 people with the coronavirus have been reported to have died in this country as of this weekend, but hospital officials, doctors, public health experts and medical examiners say that official counts have failed to capture the true number of Americans dying in this pandemic. The undercount is a result of inconsistent protocols, limited resources and a patchwork of decision making from one state or county to the next.

JF

3 Likes

In NYC about 20-25 people die in their homes in a 24 hr period. Right now it is 200-225. The increase could be two things. 1) Covid victims who tried to stay home and ride it out, but succumbed or 2) people who would have otherwise sought medical care for other things, but were afraid to go to a hospital. If itā€™s Covid, they are not - right now - being counted as Covid death. Iā€™m sure the death toll will be re-evaluated for years.

3 Likes

It is NOT unfounded. It is the very informed opinion of the worldā€™s best epidemiologists. But you obviously want to continue repeating Fox propaganda instead of scientific facts. I hope that Rupert Murdoch is sued out of business by the families of the victims that he lied to.

6 Likes

I like having one so I can make tea to go with my pie. Who doesnā€™t like pie?

4 Likes

All? All reservations on those dates, no. You can read about the policy here:

https://www.airbnb.com/resources/hosting-homes/a/250m-to-support-hosts-impacted-by-cancellations-165

1 Like