AirBnB overcollecting hotel tax

Hoping to update/ clarify: The hotel tax is new, the property taxes are some of the highest in the country and higher if it’s a historic property. I talked to my local government and they suggested talking to AirBnB, because they agreed that sounded like it was too much. AirBnB said to contact the state government. Passing the buck is the norm here and local and state websites don’t spell things out clearly. I’m in the process of selling the house, so will wait until after that to try to contact the state government, but doubt I’ll reach anyone. I tried to view the taxes for a nearby Host, but was unable to. Just trying to understand this in hopes I can host again at some point, not raise any hackles—

I don’t understand this statement. If you look at any and every listing anywhere the “taxes and fees” are clearly listed. You have to click on the listing, it’s not on the list of all properties when you get a search result.

Here’s an example from a random listing. I took a screenshot.

Property taxes have nothing to do with taxes charged to guests. They are your responsibility as the homeowner.

It doesn’t show it here, for some reason. I mention property taxes, because they are already more than an ounce flesh and I refuse to pay more than I should be for occupancy taxes— Screen Shot 2022-01-20 at 4.14.35 PM

Everybody, never mind— no need to respond any more as I feel I’m on the defensive and need to turn my attention to moving—