Airbnb :: New amenities available

There was a notification on our dashboard this morning regarding various new amenities available for guests to filter by. I had a quick look at our listings and yes, there are a variety of them, spread across most categories.

However, in true Airbnb style, on one listing they’d already decided on some for us. On the other, I got to choose :grinning:

So, if any potential guests are peeking in here I can confirm that:

No, we don’t have a Boat Slip, the nearest navigable water is at least 6km away.

Ditto for the kayaks.

If you get bored while here, instead of playing ping-pong or pool, on the imaginary tables, bugger off to a tabanco or bar and get rat faced, it’s what everyone else does.

We don’t have a sauna because during the summer here, folks would just be using it to cool down in.

Moral of post, check your amenities, just in case.

Right, I’m off to check out the fire pit we allegedly have. If I find it, I’ll let you all know :rofl:

JF

6 Likes

Thanks for the heads up. It pays to check these every so often. We also forget what we listed years ago. I was quite surprised when someone asked to use the bicycles and realized that both had flat tires and hadn’t been used for two years.

Thank you! Mine was showing yes to a firepit, which I hadn’t ticked but do have, so that was okay. Creepy, but okay.

I think guests can state if certain amenities are available. That may be how amenities you didn’t select get selected.

It’s so outrageous that Airbnb can’t give hosts the courtesy of an email notification that they’ve changed the amenities list.

They don’t seem to have a bit of trouble sending us useless promotional emails, yet won’t inform us of these types of changes.

I wonder how many hosts who don’t participate in these forums, to get heads-up from other hosts, have guests arrive thinking there’s a swimming pool or a fire pit, only to find out there isn’t, then leave a bad review for inaccuracy or missing amenities.

1 Like

thanks for this heads up! We didn’t get an email from Air either.

I did check off some of the new ones. And they only filled in a couple for me - and thankfully they were amenities that we had!

Warning to anyone with more than one property: The amenities list was different on about 75% of our listings. Items were missing from some lists and not others. Or the amenities were in a totally different order.

For example, important stuff like smoke detectors appeared on only about 1/3 of our properties. CO detector and First Aid Kit was on all of them.

So be sure to double check!!!

We have always had a complete list of amenities in the About The Space section. That was because, originally, Air didn’t always list some things that we had in a house.

Well, we never included Tea Kettle on any list (like here on Air) as it seemed obvious that there would be one in every house! :slight_smile:

In theory I think the more amenities listed the better. But guests will STILL message/email and ask about something that is on the list… the list that they didn’t read. Can’t change human nature! :slight_smile:

That can be a liability issue for you… I wouldn’t. But I do provide locked bicycle storage out of the rain.

And sometimes hosts DON’T want to list an amenity, like use of washer & dryer, but Air asks if the place has them, not whether guests can use them.

1 Like