Airbnb Launches “Guest Favorites” Badges – Stopped Getting Airbnb Bookings? What to Do if You Don’t Have One!

Curious how many people here have the “Guest Favorite” badge? If you don’t, have you seen any impact on bookings? If you do, have you seen any increase in bookings?

We qualify for the badge based on the criteria they have available but we don’t have it. When I reached out to our “dedicated Superhost” support, all they could tell me is that they’re adding more badges each day and that we may just not have been given ours yet. Basically they couldn’t justify why we don’t have it despite meeting the criteria including a 5.0 rating.

Here’s an article on some additional ways to diversify your booking channels if you are experiencing any decline in bookings or just sick of Airbnb - Airbnb Launches “Guest Favorites” Badges – Stopped Getting Airbnb Bookings? What to Do if You Don’t Have One!.

1 Like

My understanding is that there aren’t set criteria that is applied as there is with Superhost- that it is driven by some nebulous algorithm so that badge may come and go without explanation from your listing.

I think it’s a way for Airbnb to drive bookings to areas and listings that they want guests to book at any given time.

I do have that badge but can’t say whether it has helped or hindered bookings- there hasn’t been any glaring change in my booking rate.

I do know that seasoned guests have been complaining on the Airbnb CC about the removal of the Superhost filter. They say they aren’t that interested in what other guests thought about the place and that they have always looked for Superhosts to book with.

3 Likes

All of my listings have the “Guest favorite” badge since they introduced it - I haven’t noticed any difference in bookings.