Airbnb High-Handed tactics - lost my Super Host status

if you can point out my fault accurately I would be surprised. you have clearly not understood the situation. using the verb whine to characterize my complaint is evidence of your anger.

Not anger, sad as people who refuse to accept rules and then become outraged when said rules are enforced, IMO are immature and selfish. It gives all Airnb hosts problems when other hosts cancel bookings, as someone else posted above. I donā€™t book if there are any cancellations on a listing.

1 Like

I wonā€™t either. Spending all that time finding a place, thinking you are set and then being cancelled onā€¦Infuriating.

1 Like

But it was your fault. You had the same property listed on two sites with no controls in place to prevent double booking.

Joining the chorus here. Cancelations to me are equal to the sign of the devil. Why should I risk it when there are so many other options available?

1 Like

Unless Iā€™m missing something, you cancelled a booking - plain and simple. From the guests point of view, they thought they had secured accommodation and then it was cancelled. This set of circumstances has arisen because you made a mistake. Hey, we all make 'em, fair enough but my feeling is you just need to suck it up.

2 Likes

Is there anyone who would disagree with that idea? that is not the issue.

No, that is not what happened. Perhaps I havenā€™t been clear enough. VRBO was having problems with the listing of my property - no fault of my own - that is how a guest booked first without my knowing.

Yes you are misunderstanding something. I think no one reads my complaint in favour of everyone elseā€™s chiding. Really my situation was not preventable by my action. My guest had booked for 3 mins and understood completely and the other VRBO guest who was first was kept. Beside all of that, the issue here isnā€™t that hosts should be able to cancel. That isnā€™t the high handed behaviour. It was the strategy used to get hosts to bite on instant booking. It is a bit high handed. It is misleading on its face and the fine print is just that - fine print. Sure we should all read it. The high handed aspect is using a specific prompt that was misleading.
I will join the chorus against cancellations so no need to preach to the choir and ignore the actual issue.