Airbnb gift - anyone else?

After my first guest, Airbnb sent me a box containing a guestbook, a pen, a key chain, stickers to label items in your home (“help yourself”, “please don’t touch”…) and a small guide about hosting. I thought it was a nice touch !

1 Like

Nothing! Absolutely nothing! What’s up with that?

I’m in the US, in DC (duh)

1 Like

Do all of you have you mailing addresses entered in your account info? It says there that they sometimes like to send hosts gifts and that they need this info to do it (they don’t assume the address of your listing is your mailing address).

I’ve always left mine blank because I’m rigidly averse to the possibility of junk mail.

Yup I’ve got my address in there. Sounds like they only send the gifts to super hosts

I am in France and on Airbnb.fr on my settings page it is written something like “enter your postal address as we sometimes send small gifts to hosts”. There was also a 25€ coupon in the welcome pack they sent.

1 Like

My postal address has been there since day 1, I’m a super host, and on instant book.

Any more ideas? Maybe it’s just a mysterious thing.

1 Like

We’ve received some kind of cloth with the Airbnb logo on it. Then yesterday, there was a knock at the door and a girl was delivering a beautiful orchid plant. That was from Airbnb. And they gave us a $100 credit for being super hosts for a year straight.

2 Likes

Uploading…

got that after I had a BIG problem with a guest, was totally surprised and very happy :smile:

3 Likes

the smoke alarm is $40, btw. i looked at it today.

Wow, that’s nice. Are you a super host too? I have had guests damage my property but nothing yet from Air :frowning:

I am getting my superhost status back this month… I struggle with the completed trips, I host sometimes for 5 to 8 months :smile:

the guest didn’t damage anything… lovely girl, but we live in the subtropics :smile: enough said :slight_smile: :smile:

airbnb is really good in answering questions and helping out … love hosting :smile:

1 Like

Never received anything!

2 Likes

Totally awesome and not cheap at all by any means! I too have had big problems with guest and never got boo. :frowning:

Have there been any reports of hosts from the US being lucky in this way?

I’m wondering, has anyone received anything from Air of late?

No. They probably figured out it’s not a very good ROI.

2 Likes

No… i guess we should all be happy that we didn’t get delisted and still have active accounts !!

1 Like

I just got a copy of “the Airbnb story”. For the record, the capitalization errors are the title of the book. It came with an obsequious note.

2 Likes

My superhost from Hawaii arrived yesterday. Sick daughter. Dad persevered and went out for a dinner and a long walk. This morning the daughter was feeling better and presented me with a gift!

I was a bit nervous based on the recent posts on this forum, but this guy is just plain nice and easygoing. Much better than that 3 1/2 star, miserable host we had last summer. In fact, Miserable Host stands out as the worst guest we have ever had. Some people just go through life with an unhappy outlook.

6 Likes

Nice gift! Very thoughtful of them.

I agree with your premise - being a SH isn’t the cause for a bad guest - that’s just their personality.