Welcome to AirHostsForum.com!

We are a community of AirBnb hosts. This forum is dedicated to connecting hosts with other hosts. Sign up to get the latest updates and news just for AirBnb hosts!

Airbnb Friendly Condos in San Diego

Hey all :wave:

I am planning a move to San Diego in the coming months and I’m looking to purchase a condo somewhere downtown. I use Airbnb to help offset rent at my current place and I’d love to continue doing so in my new home. I was wondering if anyone in the San Diego community had suggestions around which building complexes were friendly to Airbnb hosts? Any suggestions or resources that could point me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

The laws vary widely between the city of San Diego and the county. We were in north county San Diego and hosted on Airbnb for 4 years 2010-14 until our HOA changed the rules and we had to cease.
You’d be best to try to connect with local host groups, try meet-up.
You can also talk to the local councils and government agencies for the exact area you are looking at.
You can also talk to a few realtors although some will say anything to make a sale.
Finally, read those cc&r’s and rules before you buy.
If you’re planning to rent be sure it’s not prohibited by your lease.
Good luck but I wouldn’t count on Airbnb income to afford your home.

Thank you for the thorough and informative response @Maggieroni. We will keep that info in mind as we look for our new home. Thanks again!

Would you be doing a stand-alone place or a shared place?

Maggie is right. Counting on Air income isn’t smart. So many fluctuations in bookings can happen. If I were you I’d find a place you like first, then research the area, every town has its ordinances and so many are cracking down hard. Don’t trust the realtor if they tell you it’s allowed. Get a copy of their HOA before you buy just to make sure.

Found this one, there are others as well,

Altcoin Fantasy - Crypto Fantasy Trading and Simulation Game - Win Bitcoin and Altcoins!