Airbnb exec on CNBC this week -- did you see it?

I work in PR and ran across this CNBC interview where Airbnb says they plan to make business reservations 30% of the total, up from 10%. https://www.cnbc.com/2017/09/13/airbnb-is-hoping-business-travelers-will-forgo-hotels.html

1 Like

Oh great… so I could have 20% more guests like this one that checked out a few days ago and thought to message me with his complaints:

Guest: Checkout at 10am is too early, you should not charge me a fee to stay for an extra hour.
Well, that is rule #6, and indicated properly in airbnb that checkout is 10am. I do hold luggage, but due to cleaning schedules, I do not allow late checkouts without charging a fee.

Guest: You didn’t clean daily.
Well, that is rule #9. No daily cleaning.

The issue is… this guy complaining didn’t book it - his administrative secretary did. AKA: Business trip. The administrative secretary read the rules, and apparently didn’t relay them on to the guest. So - I get blasted after checkout. Can’t wait to read his review.

3 Likes

Business bookings are different. Third party bookings are allowed. To be honest, I don’t quite know how reviews work, but I believe that a review can be done by the “office” that made the reservation.

1 Like

You can take off business amenities which will prevent these kinds of bookings. We don’t have business ready on our listing but we still get quite a few business travelers who book directly stay with us. Always great guests.

@jumoe, so how did the review turn out? I hope well for you. I can see why a business traveler would want those things which is why I was intrigued to watch the CNBC story. It’s a priority for Airbnb and I don’t think there’s enough distinction between the two types…they just start marketing the solution.

Apparently he chose to just give me private feedback in the message thread, and not actually leave me a review. What a pleasant surprise!

I"m glad you ended up pleased. With reflection he may realize that his expectations were out of line with the property booked by the assistant and next time they’ll find something more aligned to his needs.