Airbnb calendar availability problems

I have 3 Airbnb calendars.

I have my availability set for 6 months. As I set my pricing for a year out, I manually update my calendar from blocked to available. This way I have 11 - 12 months open at a time, even though my setting is 6 months.

This has worked for years. It is still working on one property, but on two other properties, only 6 months out can be booked. When I try to open additional dates, it tells me I cannot because my setting is 6 months.

Please check your calendars. Who else is seeing this problem?

You say you have always been able to do this, but can you explain how a calendar can have a six month availability set, yet also be available for 11-12 months? How can it be both at the same time? I don’t get it.

But in any case, the Airbnb Community forum has been full of threads lately about hosts not being able to set availability like they used to since Airbnb’s latest update. You might check over there to see if you find any answers, or just more frustrated hosts.

Just to be clear –

• When you set “six months out” the system blocks everything beyond six months

• When you have time to manually set prices in months seven to eleven months out you used to be able able to manually over-ride the system setting and unblock those nights, once you have your pricing updated

• Recently you have found you are NOT able to over-ride any more

Is all that ^^^^ correct?

I recently had hinky response when I was trying to put in place a new minimum-night rule-set for both my listings, and I tried doing all properties at once (from the calendar view where each property gets its own row) and doing the properties one at a timein the calendar view that shows just one property. I forget which view worked, but only one of them did… you might try both – don’t know if this helps… bit of a stab in the dark

Yes, Spark, that is correct for two calendars.

I did this a while ago and my calendars were open through the end of May. Now, one of my calendars is open through May, and the other two are open only 6 months. On those two calendars, I cannot open the additional dates.

I haven’t tried anything from the calendar view with rows. I never use that, but I can give it a try.

Thanks

I believe what he is saying that he manually overrides the “not available” months to “available” once he has had a chance to update the rates for that time period… (or, at least, he used to override, but can no longer perform that function).

I’m just surprised that was ever an option. If a host’s calendar setting is 6 months open in advance, it seems strange that you could open up 12 months and still have that setting, as they are at odds with each other.
Not doubting that was true, just that it doesn’t make sense to me.

Same principle as Rule Sets… you have a default setting (in this case: closed after six months) but can manually override that default for specific dates. That’s the whole point of an override… it givers you the flexibility fine tune the default settings.

In his case, the “fine tuning” means he can open up his listing(s) for availability/reservations in increments as he incrementally gets his pricing finalized for specific chunks of his “closed off” time blocks.

1 Like

Update: The calendar functionality is now restore. Both the app and the website can manually extend dates beyond the default setting.

Thank you!

Other calendar problems. When airbnb switched to the new format, all my customized settings for both length of stay and pricing disappeared. The airbnb customer service was very helpful in guiding me through the new process and resetting the dates and prices. I am glad that I discovered this problem before a guest booked a holiday weekend with only a two night stay - we require three night stays on holiday weekends.