Pedantic, not petty.

I usually am.

Next…

JF

1 Like

Oh and @KKC, don’t say a word :rofl:

JF

3 Likes

Bless your heart John F! It takes someone quite special to take a comment like mine and make an argument out of it.

Well, if you’re going to brag about something, it does help if you get the peripherals right, else you sound like a bullshitter.

JF

1 Like

No need to take it so personally. Hosts often post something that it turns out they were confused about, so it wasn’t an argument in anyone’s mind but yours. As I read it, it was a comment intended to clarify what you were talking about.

1 Like

Oh, I missed you guys (have been busy all afternoon). Never a dull moment! :rofl:

So, that Host Club thing I dialed into was a ton of self-horn-tooting and brainwashing hosts to adopt all the “new” stuff they’ve implemented for guests (that supposedly make it easier to host :thinking:). Even Ms. Powell came on at the end.

I’m telling you, they are quite proud of themselves. They had us commenting in a chat thread but couldn’t say/ask anything real. Someone asked if the pet fee was per day, per pet or per stay and, I think, how a host could charge for multiples. Some lady totally didn’t answer the question and then the MC told her “Great, answer, XXX!” :face_vomiting:

At least Powell cut in and actually answered (it’s per stay) and then the MC was like, “Yes, I was going to say something but not sure if it was ok”. Wow. Just wow.

And, I played on the site today, and have y’all seen this?!? I feel like this is new? I hope I haven’t been a total dweeb and missed it this entire time! Why don’t you just ENCOURAGE people to do whatever they want regardless of how I feel about it as a host (of course the link goes to the - you don’t have to tell the host you’re bringing animals thing :weary:) I know that topic has been talked into the ground recently, so no need to comment. Just a tiny vent. I won’t even say anything about that “not including infants” note I HATE. Again. just a vent.

how to set up a booking to fail the host!
Of course it is an assistance animal!

1 Like

Exactly. Why pay when you can get the service FOR FREE and have Air supposedly (we will see) pay for any damages on your behalf. And of course a host should have to take on your animal “normal wear and tear” for FREE.

There are over 300+ stays in my area alone that allow pets. With so many offering pet-friendly stays (number one searched upon feature according to the presentation yesterday), I can’t see a reason to force this on hosts or to setup hosts who wish to accept pets to not be compensated for it. Hopefully it is rare occurrence.

I’m not trying to be an ogre. I’m down with legitimate actors, but I don’t like the overreaching, especially where the laws are not in synch with it. Again, baby rant. ignore. I’m edgy this afternoon :sweat_smile:

I’ve been invited to those zoom calls before but have always declined, because my internet isn’t good enough for that. But I actually wasn’t inclined to participate anyway, because I figured they’d be exactly what you experienced.

Like their in-person “listening sessions” or whatever they called them. Just seemed like a way for the Airbnb folks who ran the meetings to get free trips
all over the world. The things that hosts brought up in those meetings that they said needed to be changed or instituted were met with placating responses from the organizers about bringing it back to corporate, but of course none of those changes ever came to fruition.

2 Likes

Feels like a pet dog being patted!

1 Like