Airbnb announces latest effort to do as little as possible

I had a thought this weekend (instigated by someone posting the twitter link that included pics of messes that AirBnB didn’t help hosts with) that maybe if I post the incriminating videos they can’t seem to see when I send as attachments or as links that maybe I would get some resolution. My concern though is the fact that I can’t really censor guest faces or what they say (I’m sure there is a way but I am not versed in it, and even if I was it would take quite a bit of time and energy). Thoughts?

1 Like

People seem to post the Ring videos of others (good and bad) without censoring them all the time. But as far as Airbnb is concerned they probably wouldn’t take kindly to it.

1 Like

I understand and didn’t want to cause any further issues of privacy or whatever, especially because they are longer segments not just a 5 second clip. Airbnb doesn’t seem to take too kindly to many hosts when they try to hold guests accountable.

I was also thinking (spurred by the recent posts about lawyers, although mostly around HOAs) that maybe I could request remediation, Edit to ARBITRATION (I just realized I used the wrong word) not just for this case. It for all the ones that cost me money where AirBnB either didn’t support me and my house rules or even their own policies, in addition to conveniently not being able to see incriminating evidence. Certainly any one of these by itself would not be worth it to try but all together from the last 3.5 years could be?

1 Like

My time and energy is too valuable to chase guests for money unless it was a significant amount of damages. I am fortunate that I really have not had any problems, I have never had to ask a guest to leave or had any real damages.

RR

4 Likes

I’m lucky that way too! I did have a guy who melted my electric kettle by placing it on the gas stove. Lol. He left $40 and an “I am so sorry” note. Perfect.

5 Likes

Could you just edit them down to shorter sections without the guests faces in them?

I’m not sure how to edit them and if I edited it to have no faces then they would be worthless. You have to see that there are different people and that they are smoking etc.

Cleaning out the disaster my guest left this weekend, I found a prescription for methodone.