Airbnb announcement coming 11/16/22

anyone in the USA needs to book Chesky’s “free” listing, and then bring 4 infants and 2 ESAs (he’s in Cali so he can’t complain).
PLEASE!! i fear he is the type who needs to live the experience in order to understand it.

3 Likes

where is the spot where we turn off allowing infants? suddenly I can’t find it.

I have. Also although the IB information with hosts which was revised 11/18/22 states 3 free cancellations if you are uncomfortable with a reservation, there are reports in another forum the host was severely penalized for cancelling a IB reservation within 24 hours of receiving the booking. CS told her, IB no longer had the 3.

The combination of CS not knowing what the published policy is, lack of requiring government ID, & since a trouble guest who stayed & was not reviewed can book (prior policy was positive reviews required, now it is no negative) I’ve turned it off.

I’ve suggested to my tiny band of mentorees to do the same—at least for now until the dust settles from the changes

I think it is gone ……………

i’m going to ask in the CC and see what happens.

2 Likes

I think you should try to book Chesky’s place with 3 “no need to disclose” infants and 3 “no need to disclose” service dogs. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

haha, we have the same brain, i actually wrote that comment in the CC and then deleted it… they don’t appreciate facts over there.

What the heck happened to that site. All the front page comments are old and have been there for days. The only thing I see that’s new is under updates. Am I missing something besides the mealy mouthed answers?

Look at all the hosts that won’t have a clue about what they’ve done to IB and wonder why they’re getting stranger bookings.

I was on a bit of a roll, but now, nothing for a couple weeks.

1 Like

it’s so weird how the “top” posts have no comments. and lately all the mods do is link to articles or tell people to put their responses in a different thread, with another link to that thread. they are deflecting constantly, and the new girl (indian who moved to canada, NOT a host) is a shocker, if she hadn’t done a cheery introduction i would have sworn she was a bot.

although this gives me hope. we can’t see who did the likes anymore, but it’s probably the other Mods. I can imagine the eyeroll this post created, and no one has any care to even post a reply.

of course it’s still trending though…

1 Like

I know, she sounds just like an outsourced CS rep. Doesn’t understand the post issues (which are quite clear to any host reading it) and gives some useless links.

1 Like

yes, she is misunderstanding or misreading posts, and then answering with irrelevant info. How do they keep on hiring these types? they need someone with more backbone and intelligence in there.

I’m sure they are trained to do this. Same as politicians.

2 Likes

I always thought that was natural talent! :clown_face: that’s why there is no uni degree for becoming a politician. Or any standards at all…

Here is the official statement from Airbnb re the IB requirements change. Found it in the “Airbnb Updates” section of the new, unimproved CC.

Details on Airbnb's update to instant book setting... - Airbnb Community

1 Like

this is standard practice in large companies to hire people who cannot help customers. Customers get frustrated and try to solve the problems on their own. I have experienced this with a lot of banks as well.

It’s also common to program a delay before a call is answered. Some of the people who call need a therapist rather than support from customer service. These people unnecessary increase the cost of customer service. Some of them just need to be heard even if their problem cannot be solved.

1 Like