Airbnb announcement coming 11/16/22

See the top banner bar

It’s 11/16.

1 Like

Are you allowed to think that there is another disaster on its way …… like the complete lack of bookings and the inability to find your listings under the categories?

2 Likes

That’s in the title & banner bar? Something wrong?

No, nothing is wrong. Your post had said 11/18.

Did one of us have a senior moment?

I see it’s corrected now.

I changed it to 11/16, you’re welcome lol

2 Likes

Wow! 10 new improvements I cannot wait…

RR

3 Likes

Thank you. I appreciate help.

:musical_score::notes:
Oh, I get by with a little help from my friends
Mm, I get high with a little help from my friends
Mm, gonna try with a little help from my friends
:notes::musical_note:

1 Like

Brace yourself :sunglasses:for the ride :roller_coaster::motorcycle:

While I did ok in 2022 summer, it was tough. I’m hoping whatever is coming is better than the awful search changes.

1 Like

And guests are still bitching about the split stay feature they can’t turn off. It’s not just the search changes that have hurt business. You’d think Airbnb would at least listen to the guest complaints about booking hassles. Instead they focus on hosts not asking guests to strip beds.

5 Likes

They are more concerned with the bad publicity than about making the site work!

4 Likes

I am guessing they will badger hosts into dropping cleaning fees, which I agree with. Hopefully they offer an ability to offer discounts by the day, not week or month.
That way a host could structure it so no discount day one and two, X% day three and four and so on to try and account for cleaning costs.

I do not discount for longer stays so IDC

Maybe I would rank higher having no cleaning fee…

Will see

RR

1 Like

Pretty sad state of affairs when announcements of upcoming “updates” (aka downgrades) cause trepidation for hosts. I can’t really think of any other company I have dealt with where the majority of their purported “improvements” were the exact opposite.

3 Likes

I think That may be available sort of as a pricing amount. In chrome. Full website. Calendar function. Clunky to create but easy to implement. It’s been several months since I played with it so I hope it is still there. I’ll post screen shots in a few minutes.

Edit: forget I posted this. Here today gone tomorrow. I can’t find it.

and putting out their trash too

1 Like

As an owner of of 5 br house, and a 4 br house, that sometimes rents for 3 nights, ( slow season ) and often for 7 nights, and ocassionally for 10 -14 nights ( high season ), but in winter 2 nights / 30 nights or more ( off season ) …I can easily say that charging a cleaning fee is an essential part of pricing out the rate to charge on a larger rental properly. Traditionally, it cleaning fees added on were expected as a standard business fee, and an acceptable method of offering a vacation rental home. A house can even be made dirtier in 3 nights than 7 nights due to the shorter stay and larger groups, and after 10 nights it has to be cleaned now matter what as a mandatory requirement, to maintain the home . How can an owner spread the price of cleaning into a rental rate for 2- 3 nights , and equalize the cleaning costs for a 10 night stay and flatten out that overhead? This discussion is how to spread an annual cleaning cost of $12,000 …and more… paid out to cleaners, into a rental rate when many bookings have different lengths of stay. I have never wrapped my brain around this…but I am not a financial wiz so maybe there is an algorithm I am not familiar with that AirBnb is really smart and will figure this out. My guess is will be developed to remove money from the pocket of the owner.

3 Likes

If Airbnb wanted to help hosts get a cleaning fee without pissing off guests, they’d simply take the cleaning fee that the host sets and divide it into the nightly rate to show it to guests.

Hopefully they’ll roll out better tools for discounting for longer stays. For instance, you could add the cleaning fee into the minimum stay and discount all nights more than the minimum.

Example: nightly rent $500, cleaning fee $240, three-night minimum. Set the rate to $580, with an $80 (14%) discount for the fourth and above nights to get you back to $500 a night.

2 Likes

Many searchers do not put in the number of nights, or accurate dates. They look at general home rates. I dont understand how that possibly be presented in an accurate way. When I search AirBnb, I just want to see everything available in an area, without their manipulations, and later I decide my number of nights and when I really want to visit. I cant figure out how they can really show the cleaning fee incorporated in.

2 Likes

Here’s a Washington Post article today that I’m gifting.

https://wapo.st/3TConCP

2 Likes

All of these articles just talk about increased competition and supposedly high prices and bitching about cleaning fees, but all fail to mention the summer revamping (calling it an update is absurd, when it disappeared lots of listings and confused guests as to how to book, unless they want a medieval castle, and can travel anytime, or want to pack up and move down the block after 3 days for a split stay) of the platform that instantly tanked a huge number of hosts’ views and bookings.

4 Likes